• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

omega... some minor issues. please help

ironchef

Hey guys, ive had omega for almost a year now, i dont have the most recent version, looking into it, anyone have it?
Also, i import alot of files from our old comouter with graphix advantage, all the files import ok, priblem is, when i change colors and press f8 to view color mode, i cant explain it, but its kinda hard, besides the front to back, back to front things i habe to do, sometimes i just cant use the color system, i use the color strip on the bottom, the 2 on the right like corel, i dont use, i only use omega for vectorized logos and lettering for vinyl

J Hill Designs

when i change colors and press f8 to view color mode, i cant explain it, but its kinda hard, besides the front to back, back to front things i habe to do, sometimes i just cant use the color system

its possible when importing it has an exact duplicate of the path on top of itself - when both are set to the same color, it looks like its not there when viewing in filled mode

ironchef

Thanks for the quick reply, but i dont see any doubles? I dont think its that, i should have got the cut only version, but they were upgrading to the next one up for free, besides that everything else works devinne[font joke] lol.

J Hill Designs

try clicking to select, press delete, then f7 to refresh - if theres no duplicates, you will know. (oh and ungroup everything first)

TammieH

Omega has limitations the way it views colors, for example if you have a white background with one or two colors fonts, graphics or more it has no problems. The problem arises when you have more than one of the same color behind and on top in different areas, Omega wants to put colors in order. If you are only cutting vinyl, then there is no problem, unless you are anal about viewing your files. Newer versions of Omega does have layers which helps some what.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Do not use the swatches on the side. They are Edge foils. Use only the vinyl swatches on the bottom if you aren't printing to an Edge. When you want to check your setup, click the 1-2-3-4 button. It will show you very quickly if there is anything out of order or that doesn't belong.

ironchef

Thanks guys, ya i use the bottom strip of colors, i will check about the doubles tomorrow, it was busy as hell today.

ironchef

Yea, i just use it for vinyl, so its not a big deal, i can assign colors well, it just doesnt show up right when i press f8, or filled view. Its mainly so the customers can see a better preview