• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OMG, How Do I Compete?

Baz

That's insane! I charge $380 for a full color, 4x8 coro!

I know it's insane! WTF can you do :frustrated: What i charge for 4x8 full color MDO is less than what you charge for your 4x8 coro. And still ... This week a long time customer of mine has gone elsewhere because they got a cheaper price for MDO than what i quoted them!

i can not stress this enough. if your focus is the 'consumable' sign market you have BIG changes on the horizon, prices are falling and are going to fall lower.

The only reason i am not to upset about these situations is that i still have allot of work to do at the moment from companies who require a good level of service. This is the only way i can keep and get customers. It is definately not because of cheap prices. I try to stay competitive with the sign production prices but my installation charges are decent amounts.

jiarby

***UPDATE***

After I told him there was NOOOOO WAAAAY I could come close to that price he checked his records and determined that he actually only got:

100 pieces!!! Not 400!

Whew! 3.60 each for 1 sided 1 color coros is at least something you can work with. Next thing you know he will tell me the sticks were separate!

The moral to the story:
1. Follow Up with your sales leads!
2. Don't believe everything your customer tells you... even if he is a preacher! He may mean well, but just be wrong!

Jon Aston

Can I add a couple of theoretical "morals of the story"?

If all you sell is "output" (a commodity) you better be prepared to (continuously) get alot more efficient - in every aspect of your business. It's not easy to be the "price leader". Customers loyal to low prices are easily converted by lower priced competitors. It's actually easier to compete on the basis of solving customer problems better than anyone else does, or can; and by consistently providing a much more satisfactory buying experience for your customers.

I would recommend you consider this a wake-up call. Decide how you can lead... and do it!

Craig Sjoquist

Ahhh the truth does come out...$3.60 each .. on a 100

Next time if you want to retain your customer service ..even a simple call back really helps
I'm the worst on that.. I 'm not a phone person rather speak in person and I also loose customers because of..

thesignguy1986

I may not have a cheap source for the coro that would only cost the guy 40c a piece but hell if you buy a large quanity of 10,000 I can even get the wire stakes at .36c ea. Though the total price on the signs seem way to low who knows, but I wouldn't even bother with it. You have to make money and selling that many signs for that price I don't know how he did it