• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

On the subject of upselling

SignManiac

Received an email asking to quote a 4'x8' sign shown on the right. No specs, nothing. I told them I would not be interested in making the sign as sent to me. I did tell them I would be happy to discuss making a sign that would better represent their new business and they were open to that. You just have to ask, all they can say is no.

My big problem was trying to talk them out of using the owners signature for their sign. I find it difficult to read and the S almost looks like a figure eight to me. She wouldn't budge even though I showed her a much better script font that was clear and easy to read. Otherwise they really liked my redesign as shown on the left. I don't get the mentality that you should settle for what the customer wants no matter what. I feel our most important job as sign people is do create signs that will help promote a companies business in the best way possible. That sign is often the first contact a potential customer of theirs will have. You only get one chance to make a first impression.

Attachments

• Steph's.jpg
    Steph's.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 66

SignManiac

Gino it's a flat polymetal sign with the exception of the center panel. Paint and vinyl. That is another polymetal panel to hide my screws that I will attach the sign to a square tube from in back that will give me my attachment point along with a stiffener once its mounted to the roof.