• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One for me...

neato

A little hand carved sign I made to hang in my office.

Attachments

• sign.png
    sign.png
    802.2 KB · Views: 480

TimToad

Thank you! It's Duna Corafoam, same idea though

That is really amazing. Is it all hand carved or did use some rotary tools to clean things up?

What did you use for the paint?

Did you apply some extra shading on the Amigo part? Your prismatic effect is really great on all of it.

We're really liking the Duna Corafoam. Its seems less grainy even at the lower densities than Signfoam was.

We just put this up yesterday and used Corafoam for all of it.

Attachments

• Andrew H Kim DDS 2.jpg
    Andrew H Kim DDS 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 424

neato

That is really amazing. Is it all hand carved or did use some rotary tools to clean things up?

What did you use for the paint?

Did you apply some extra shading on the Amigo part? Your prismatic effect is really great on all of it.

We're really liking the Duna Corafoam. Its seems less grainy even at the lower densities than Signfoam was.

We just put this up yesterday and used Corafoam for all of it.

It's all hand carved, and sanded :). The paint is the disappointing part for me on this sign. I used Modern Masters Metallics (The Rustoleum equivalent actually) But it didn't flow out like I wanted and left brush marks. But it's just for me, so it's ok.

And I agree on the Duna, it's a great product for carving. It's so much easier to finish than other brands.

And your sign looks GREAT! Nice clean layout.

TimToad

It's all hand carved, and sanded :). The paint is the disappointing part for me on this sign. I used Modern Masters Metallics (The Rustoleum equivalent actually) But it didn't flow out like I wanted and left brush marks. But it's just for me, so it's ok.

And I agree on the Duna, it's a great product for carving. It's so much easier to finish than other brands.

And your sign looks GREAT! Nice clean layout.

Modern Masters has released a new exterior line that is more pigmented and durable. We've got a huge project coming up that we'll be using them on. I'll let you know if I see any substantial differences in them. They really make a good product and offer more color choices than I've found from any other source.

We did these over three years ago with their standard line and clearcoat and because it's one of our favorite wineries, we're club members and go there quite frequently. The letters look like the day we did them.

Attachments

• Niner completed.jpg
    Niner completed.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 376

neato

Modern Masters has released a new exterior line that is more pigmented and durable. We've got a huge project coming up that we'll be using them on. I'll let you know if I see any substantial differences in them. They really make a good product and offer more color choices than I've found from any other source.

We did these over three years ago with their standard line and clearcoat and because it's one of our favorite wineries, we're club members and go there quite frequently. The letters look like the day we did them.

Nice! I had no idea about this new product...Where are you buying the MM exterior?

SignosaurusRex

:thumb::thumb: Very Nice. Keeping It Simple and Sweet as the saying goes.
The Duna Corafoam is nice stuff. We switched to it exclusively a number of years ago.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
That's the most visually pleasing sign I've seen in a LONG time! Can you make me one for my shop? :)

Awesome work Phillip. Nice to see you're still working at it and obviously getting quite good at it.

I'd love to try my hand at this some day. Some day!

neato

That's the most visually pleasing sign I've seen in a LONG time! Can you make me one for my shop? :)

Awesome work Phillip. Nice to see you're still working at it and obviously getting quite good at it.

I'd love to try my hand at this some day. Some day!

Thanks, that means a lot!

Give it a go, it's not too hard at all and very satisfying to see it all come together.

TimToad

Thanks! I wish I had a market for them too :D
This type of work has such a tactile, visual appeal that clients seeking a sign that is more compelling and impactful than a flat, one dimensional approach will find you and a way to afford the higher cost.

Office samples and visual aids really do work.

Johnny Best

First of all, very nice and impactful sign Neato.

[EDITED BY ADMIN: Removed comment to completely unnecessary post which has since been deleted...]

Last edited by a moderator: