• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One Stop Shopping Question

Gebo

The company I work for buys all its materials from Fellers. I will use a lot of 4X8 18 oz white and yellow banners and smaller coroplast for stickins. Black and red vinyl. I'm tired of internet surfing. Is Fellers my overall best "one stop shop?"

Ordway looks pretty good...

What would you say are the 3 largest online suppliers? Fellers claims to be the largest something or other... I think our Office Mgr orders from Fellers because she thinks the Cowboy is hot!

???:Big Laugh

Gebo

Please make sure that post #3 is here and tell everyone
about ya bad self!

http://www.signs101.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=205

OKAY...since you asked. My favorite foods are pinto beans, Tiny Tim white hull less popcorn, Sundrop, and Potato Chip and Mustard sandwiches.

I don't think the cowboy is sexy.

I like making signs. ALTHOUGH, we aren't allowed to "TOUCH" the sign computer at work. I just get to clean old banners for reuse (talk about catching a buzzzzz), weed, tape and apply vinyl.
:Cool 2:

chopper

Gebo, I buy all my supplies local if I can, I like to keep supporting my community if at all possible, and I have found for the most part the prices are
fairly close to one another, and when I need supplies they are only 9 miles away//chopper

Davidson Signs

I'm with Chopper.

I had two, no three suppliers within a 15 miles radius. If I had someone available, I would send them to pick stuff up that day. Then I had Tubelite that would deliver next day. Then Grimco used to be local, closed that one but still had it next day.

And coming from a woman....well this woman at least, I don't think the cowboy is sexy either :)

Bigdawg

Just Me
What part of VA are you in? We had a decent supplier in the SW of the state that's carried a full line. I agree with the above - buy local wherever and whenever possible.

Bigdawg

Just Me
My supplier is on the other end of the state but it seems like there should be someone local to the Roanoke area.

Gebo

If there is one, I can't find it. THe company I work for is very adamant about purchasing locally but, like I said, they get "all" their stuff from Fellers.:help:

TheSnowman

It's your call...I personally order all of my supplies from Fellers, (mainly because of free shipping, and no local suppliers) and all my equipment from Advantage Sign Supply. Fellers looks to be entering the equipment world, so that may change, but overall, I'm not seein' me switchin' away any time soon.

Craig Sjoquist

buys family, local, state, USA made..
if all americans practice this are economy would be stronger and proud, and more free america

git r dun

Gebo

I ordered some stuff from Fellers on Monday and got it in VA on Tuesday. Sort of impressed. Well, actually, very impressed. The "other" company took from Thursday to Tuesday. Still not bad for UPS ground. Of course, this is probably common knowledge for you guys.

ChiknNutz

I buy most of the rolled goods from Fellers, and substrates from one of about 3 local suppliers. Of the local ones, I use one for almost all the substrates, but I get A-boards from another one as that is kinda their specialty. Surely you must have some local suppliers. My 'local' ones aren't all that close, about 30 miles for the closest one, but they still make bi-weekly trips for free delivery...even if it's one sheet of coroplast!

cartoad

We buy most of our vinyl from Fellers and some other odds and ends. Always get good service and the price is always good. Our closest sign suppler is 90 miles with a once a week trip, but they deliver so we purchase substrates, and some of the vinyl to when they come to our shop they don't just have one or two small items. We have been very happy with Fellers, and everyone else is further away. We do get some plastic, coroplast, sintra from a local plastic wholesaler.

LightHouse

It's your call...I personally order all of my supplies from Fellers, (mainly because of free shipping, and no local suppliers) and all my equipment from Advantage Sign Supply. Fellers looks to be entering the equipment world, so that may change, but overall, I'm not seein' me switchin' away any time soon.

Advantage was a bad experiance for me, my va sales rep would never return calls and when i went to order a new plotter acted as though full MSRP was the going rate..... so i called Chesepeake graphics somewhere in MD for equiptment and they were outstanding people. almost like neighbors! so fellers for supply and chesapeake for equipment if they have what i need.

Gebo

Obviously, I'm just getting started but I did some comparison pricing with Fellers and Sign Warehouse with Vinyl and tape and Fellers was always higher. I guess I shouldn't get too excited on a few $'s per 50 yd roll, huh?

I guess I'm wondering why so many of you seem to choose Fellers? Is it there service (like how quick, i.e, next day, I got my catalog)?

Billct2

I like to use local suppliers also, the ones that send their own trucks. I would think there would be at least one in VA covering the state.
If all you ever need is vinyl "mail order" is fine, but when you need substrates that won't work so well.

LightHouse

Obviously, I'm just getting started but I did some comparison pricing with Fellers and Sign Warehouse with Vinyl and tape and Fellers was always higher. I guess I shouldn't get too excited on a few $'s per 50 yd roll, huh?

I guess I'm wondering why so many of you seem to choose Fellers? Is it there service (like how quick, i.e, next day, I got my catalog)?

yes big diff, do a search on this site and it will be obvious.