• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

opening next door to competitor? Ethics v/s food on the table

mark in tx

I was looking for a location once, and the real estate agent thought it would be a great idea if I went in right next to another sign shop.
I got rid of that agent.

I think you have already decided it is a bad idea, you just needed us to confirm the voice in your head and your heart. Find a better location.

BALLPARK

I have been thinking about opening a location in the Triad Area of NC. So much business down there compared to where I am right now. I found a plenty of places from Winston-Salem to Greensboro. Rent is cheap and homes are CHEAP compared to where I am now.

I would think you could find a better location that is not directly beside your comp. But in the end... I don't think it's a huge no-no to open up near another sign shop. I view our location as brand awareness for the most part. We don't get a lot of walk-ins for our projects. The internet has changed so much in our industry... I can do more with it and save the client a trip to the shop.

SignsByMike

Being a wood sign maker I wouldn't be opposed to opening next to a vinyl sign maker but if we offered similar services I would look elsewhere.