• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion on Summa F1612 (or any F-Series)?

HulkSmash

No Phil sold it to me. Airmark tried to help (they're a decent company but Phil was pretty disrespectful to me a certain times)
So summa came in to help, couldn't solve the issue and told me to kick rocks essentially.

now they are blocking me from getting support.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
No Phil sold it to me. Airmark tried to help (they're a decent company but Phil was pretty disrespectful to me a certain times)
So summa came in to help, couldn't solve the issue and told me to kick rocks essentially.

now they are blocking me from getting support.

Hi Adam,

I wasn't going to address this publicly but when you say I was disrespectful to you at certain times I completely take offense to that. You and I both know exactly what happened and why Summa is refusing to honor your warranty claims(I can share with the rest of the group here if you would like) but I was not the one cussing you out on the phone, hanging up on you in the middle of calls trying to resolve these issues. That was you doing those things. And you weren't just completely disrespectful to me, but also our tech staff and other members of our team. I know you're frustrated and we did everything we could to resolve any and all issues that came up, as we always do, so I think what you're saying is completely unfair and untruthful. If any members on this site have concerns or would like to know the full story, contact me, I would be happy to share the details. I am not going to do that in a public forum environment.

Our team has been trying to reach you all week, Adam, as you probably know already and we would be happy to address the warranty issue with you whenever you're ready to discuss that.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

HulkSmash

Hi Adam,

I wasn't going to address this publicly but when you say I was disrespectful to you at certain times I completely take offense to that. You and I both know exactly what happened and why Summa is refusing to honor your warranty claims(I can share with the rest of the group here if you would like) but I was not the one cussing you out on the phone, hanging up on you in the middle of calls trying to resolve these issues. That was you doing those things. And you weren't just completely disrespectful to me, but also our tech staff and other members of our team. I know you're frustrated and we did everything we could to resolve any and all issues that came up, as we always do, so I think what you're saying is completely unfair and untruthful. If any members on this site have concerns or would like to know the full story, contact me, I would be happy to share the details. I am not going to do that in a public forum environment.

Our team has been trying to reach you all week, Adam, as you probably know already and we would be happy to address the warranty issue with you whenever you're ready to discuss that.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Hey Phil, I can make this as embarrassing as you want.

First off, you can't cancel a client because you can't figure out how to fix something. I spent 60k with your company, and you gave me a lemon. And while you tried to fix issues, they never got fixed. Essentially you got mad at me for not being happy that the issues were never fixed. Airmark and summa both lied and said my problems were isolated with me... EVEN after i sent evidence that MANY others were having it.

Also before you respond on here saying your team has been trying to reach me you should REALLY talk to your guys, we spoke a ton last week, found the issue (3rd blown up board because your summa machines are garbage, and can't run F performance) So now summa has made a NEW board to fix this issue that they KNOW about, and they won't send it to me out of spite. You're okay with this? Airmark is. Greg is. He told me he isn't helping anymore, on friday.

Also -

1. I don't Curse. Ever. Did I yell? Absolutely. Only after about 19 calls of trying to get warranties honored, and support done correctly. You guys had to replace my belt 3 times because you did it 3 times incorrectly causing my blades to break. How would i not be frustrated? Your Machine exploded, and destroyed my modules, and damaged my table, which by the way airmark blamed it on user error because i "forced" the module in. Come to find out it the board malfunctioned again, and blew a capacitor..... and it took 15 months for you to fix the table.. HOW IS THAT OKAY?

2. I don't hang up, never did because you guys are impossible to get a hold of.

3. I have 350 emails to show truths of EVERYTHING and ANYONE is welcome to them. if anyone wants to see them let me know.

You think 6.5 months of downtime in a 2 year period is OKAY for a new machine? You think it's ok that a problem I've had since DAY 1 still isn't fixed. Am i mad? Yes. Am i Frustrated? Absolutely.

Airmark/summa blamed me for blown boards, that EVERYONE is having problems with. 17 emails fighting for my warranties to be honored. In the end i was correct in all the cases.

I bought something that has never worked properly, and just because summa/airmark stretched it past our warranty date, you think it's ok to stop helping your clients.

I could never run a business like that.

Last edited:

HulkSmash

I was told by grimco and airmark that the board has issues, and that they blow on fperformance in a lot of cases. Also that they were swapping out boards out of warranty because it was a known issue. Nope not for me. Only others.

SUPER unethical of summa, and very disappointed that airmarks allows them do that to their clients.

HulkSmash

HulkSmash, are you a Dealer, and Phil was your customer in this scenario? If so, how long ago was this machine purchased? It seems that more recent purchasers have been happy, so I'm wondering if a lot of these computer issues were rectified with the F1612v3. Also, are you dealing directly with Summa for your service work? ****UPDATE**** I see that Phil is your sales rep from Airmark, and you are the end user. Sorry to hear about all of your issues!

yup. He sold me the machine. It never worked properly. They have been trying to fix it for 2 years, it has now passed warranty dates, nothing fixed, and they cancelled me. Summa will not help me or support me because, "No matter what they do it won't make me happy"
Summa: "Here's a machine, it's new.. but broken too. We tried to fix it, but can't get it fixed... why are you so mad? - we're trying! Sorry we tried hard to fix the new machine you bought, but never worked, but you're ungrateful that we cannot get it to work, so we won't help you get the machine to work that never actually worked that you paid full price for brand new"

This is REAL LIFE.

I just hope Dave at summa never buys a brand new car that doesn't work correctly. He has it at the dealership for 2 years on and off. They still don't fix it. (New car btw) After 2 years the dealership tells him they tried, and they're done trying.. enjoy your broken new car.

This is exactly what is happening.

parrott

Sounds like every encounter I have had with HP. Hate that your going through this and hope they make things right.

HulkSmash

Sounds like every encounter I have had with HP. Hate that your going through this and hope they make things right.

This is one of the cheapest machines in my shop, and it gives us the most problems. I have had a few problems with my HPs in the past, and yes HP were difficult, but my vendor GRIMCO, took care of the problem even though HP wouldn't. Because, you know, they actually stand behind a product they sell... And don't let the big guys bully and black list their clients.