• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

opinions on mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62"

lajit1

i am thinking about purchasing a used mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62". i want to buy this printer primirly for wraps and banners, we have been in the sign buisness for 5 years and have been outsourcing the printing to another company. i have done some research on these machines and realy cant find anything negative about them... any imput would be greatly appreciated.
:thankyou:
-g-

Compilla

i am thinking about purchasing a used mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62". i want to buy this printer primirly for wraps and banners, we have been in the sign buisness for 5 years and have been outsourcing the printing to another company. i have done some research on these machines and realy cant find anything negative about them... any imput would be greatly appreciated.
:thankyou:
-g-

Get a VJ, save yourself future headaches !:popcorn:

Graphics2u

Depending on the price of the used 62" I'd seriously look into a Valuejet. If you could pick it up for a few thousand and it's in good shape it might be worth it. Otherwise the Falcon series were decent printers but had a few issues that could give you fits if your not to experienced with printers. If you can get by with 48" Check out SignWarehouse.

rdm01

Used one for about a year, and never want to see one again. I had constant
problems with that machine!

MacDaddy

Make the investment, but a ValueJett. It will save you money overtime as well as many headaches.

I just bought the exact same printer for the exact same reason. I picked it up for a great price and I am very happy with it so far. I think that as long as you can get it for a good price you should go for it. It is working out to be a good first printer for us so far and is making us money. :unclesam:

Just Me

I just bought the exact same printer for the exact same reason. I picked it up for a great price and I am very happy with it so far. I think that as long as you can get it for a good price you should go for it. It is working out to be a good first printer for us so far and is making us money. :unclesam:
what do you consider a good price? how much does one of these go for? thanks.

schurms

There's deals all over, ask for a printer on here, look around you will find sometime cheap. Just be patient.

Bruce

signgirl71

Personally, I say Roland all the way. About 3-4 years ago I worked on a Falcon Outdoor at a franchise I was working at. I would say in the year or so I worked on it, it ran 1/4 of the time because it was always down waiting for the tech to fix it. Profiles for it - well, you basically had to make your own. We even had a guy out there for three days "profiling" for our materials and when he left we were still basically stranded. Head strikes constantly, ink contamination, parts and heaters failing constantly. Not knowing too much about printing at that time I thought maybe they bought a lemon. Since my hubby and I started working for ourselves we bought a Versacamm. Every day I run this thing-it just seems so effortless. I don't have problems with head strikes (knock on wood), colors are great and I wonder how I ever got any work done on that huge peice of crap Mutoh. I say Roland without a second thought.

schurms

Most of the issues with color are your RIP. I would say you can't get any better color out of a Value Jet or a Roland. The Falcons tend to band more than value jet because of the weaving technology. Most of the issues are profiles in the Rips. I do not band on my mutoh .