• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question ORACAL 751 070 Gloss Black Out of stock everywhere?

kalcopy

Anyone know if any distributors have any Oracal 751 gloss black in stock?

We have a couple large orders for gloss black logos/lettering. Oracal 751 is our preferred series to use. Not picky about width - 24" or 30" works just fine. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Everyone says its on back order. I'm assuming Oracal is either way behind on manufacturing or its stuck in a port somewhere, but my local supplier doesn't know. I have had 2 rolls on back order through them for a month now.

Anyone know the status of the material from Oracal? If I had rough idea on how long I can make some decisions. My usual supplier has some Avery Dennison 24" gloss black in stock, but it cost 30% more. I have some a few yards of Gerber 220 series coming to try it out, but it is still 20% more than Oracal.

Edit - not so much concerned about the price differance, as switching to a brand we haven't used before. Hoping someone had additional information on ETA of Oracal materail so I can decide if I should wait a bit more to stick with what I know works, or start trying out new brands to find a replacement.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your customer isn't gonna care what brand ya get, so buy one or the other and make them happy and stop stalling for the smallest part of the equation. If yu mark things up correctly, that 20% isn't gonna amount to much at all. Start charging accordingly on the next job.

kalcopy

Your customer isn't gonna care what brand ya get, so buy one or the other and make them happy and stop stalling for the smallest part of the equation. If yu mark things up correctly, that 20% isn't gonna amount to much at all. Start charging accordingly on the next job.
It looks like that is what I am going to end up having to do.
I think I did a poor job explaining myself in the original post. I am less concerned with the additional cost, than I am switching to a brand I haven't used before. I don't know how Avery or Gerber cuts and weeds compared to Oracal. We like how Oracal cuts on our machine.
I guess I will get a sample of the Avery coming as well and see which I like more.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Ha! I was just thinking the same thing this morning! I ended up buying Avery today and will adjust prices accordingly until Oracal is back in stock. I really like Oracal, it's my go to vinyl for most everything.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We always use the 30" rolls. Fellers did have some 15" rolls a couple of weeks ago still so we got one of those to use in the meantime which is occasionally a pain with having to space stuff after the fact. No idea if they still have any more though.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Ha! I was just thinking the same thing this morning! I ended up buying Avery today and will adjust prices accordingly until Oracal is back in stock. I really like Oracal, it's my go to vinyl for most everything.
You have to give a discount for using Avery, even if it costs more

dweavers

Anyone know if any distributors have any Oracal 751 gloss black in stock?

We have a couple large orders for gloss black logos/lettering. Oracal 751 is our preferred series to use. Not picky about width - 24" or 30" works just fine. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Everyone says its on back order. I'm assuming Oracal is either way behind on manufacturing or its stuck in a port somewhere, but my local supplier doesn't know. I have had 2 rolls on back order through them for a month now.

Anyone know the status of the material from Oracal? If I had rough idea on how long I can make some decisions. My usual supplier has some Avery Dennison 24" gloss black in stock, but it cost 30% more. I have some a few yards of Gerber 220 series coming to try it out, but it is still 20% more than Oracal.

Edit - not so much concerned about the price differance, as switching to a brand we haven't used before. Hoping someone had additional information on ETA of Oracal materail so I can decide if I should wait a bit more to stick with what I know works, or start trying out new brands to find a replacement.
Whats your location in this small little planet?

visual800

I am having to use sucka$$ avery black as a substitute and I hate it. It is "cruchier" than oracal and it cuts at 15 grams more weight than oracal on my plotter. you can definitely tell the difference between them

Evan Gillette

From what I have heard orafol is having a hard time getting raw materials in (not sure what) but most of their popular products are drying up FAST. I'm glad I was able to get a few rolls of black 751 on closeout from a supplier that was transitioning but I am burning through it fast.