• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question ORACAL 751 070 Gloss Black Out of stock everywhere?

ikarasu

3m was having issues with black too. Which of course made Avery go out of stock... Seems to be better for the two of them, 3m gets made once a month now and they just make enough to fulfill their backorders.

Something about the pigments for black, I guess it's now affecting oracal as well.

7125 / 7725 is a great alternative, albeit more expensive.

The Gerber I'm told is the same as 3m 7125, just branded under Gerber.

kalcopy

3m was having issues with black too. Which of course made Avery go out of stock... Seems to be better for the two of them, 3m gets made once a month now and they just make enough to fulfill their backorders.

Something about the pigments for black, I guess it's now affecting oracal as well.

7125 / 7725 is a great alternative, albeit more expensive.

The Gerber I'm told is the same as 3m 7125, just branded under Gerber.

I was told the same about Gerber. Just got 5 yards of it on UPS and we are testing it now. If it work well I'm going to get 2 or 3 rolls.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't get what there is to test. This stuff has been around for ages and is all virtually the same. This all seems silly

kalcopy

I don't get what there is to test. This stuff has been around for ages and is all virtually the same. This all seems silly
I have had some brands, like FDC Lumina I just can't find a good cut pressure/speed combo for. I can get them workable, but still very draggy when weeding greatly increasing weed time and mistakes.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've used a lotta FDC in a pinch. While it's a little more brittle when weeding, like notareal said, it's 99.9% all the same. If you're experiencing problems, I feel you have other issues.

Snydo

It's not just Oracal, In 2022 so far I've had back-orders from 3M, Arlon, General Formulations, Mac-Tac, R-tape/Nekoosa, Avery, and a few 'generic' products we use.