• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ordinary Laundromat

mesheau

Had a request for a laundromat opening up here in town.

Let me know what you think, and if you can tell what my inspiration was.

Cheers
Graeme

Attachments

• laundromat.jpg
    laundromat.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 106

stephenj148

I'm no logo expert but heres my thoughts:

I see "Tide"

Not a big fan of the text, but seem as I think your going for a tide look I can see how it works. Perhaps change the warp on the text to something a bit different...

GoodPeopleFlags

I don't hate it. Seems like it's missing something. Sorry, no real help to give you but I wanted to be the first to guess your inspiration was a box of "Tide"?

mesheau

bingo! i think i may have the bubbles flow through under the text as well, seems to balance it a bit better

Stealth Ryder

So, does this laundermate have a name? i mean it looks good and all just seems something is missing like maybe the name........

mesheau

i posted it for critique, a laundromat is a laundromat, i doubt an owner of a laundromat would put that much effort into naming it something else, its there to make money.

And its actually none of your business if its been paid for or not.

veloxgraphics

i posted it for critique, a laundromat is a laundromat, i doubt an owner of a laundromat would put that much effort into naming it something else, its there to make money.

You're right, it's none of our business... but it IS your business. People here are just trying to watch your back. No sense in putting a bunch of time and wasting everyone here's time on a layout for someone that may just be window shopping. If they are serious, they'll put down your shop's deposit for the work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

You're making friends left and right................... :ROFLMAO:

As for 'a laundromat is a laundromat' is like saying we should all have the word SIGNS in front of all our shops. No reason to name them and keep them separated because one only goes to a sign place for a sign and really don't care what the name is.

As for getting a deposit..... why are you ripping someone's head off for looking out for your best interests ??
This place :thankyou:..... is a place where many come to help each other, discuss current events and bitch to each other about each other. What area do you see yourself fitting into the best. Please don't follow the path of some of our more rude and stupid members, but try to take the high road and become accepted as a fellow tradesman and not some putz.

mesheau

You're making friends left and right................... :ROFLMAO:

As for 'a laundromat is a laundromat' is like saying we should all have the word SIGNS in front of all our shops. No reason to name them and keep them separated because one only goes to a sign place for a sign and really don't care what the name is.
As for getting a deposit..... why are you ripping someone's head off for looking out for your best interests ??
This place :thankyou:..... is a place where many come to help each other, discuss current events and bitch to each other about each other. What area do you see yourself fitting into the best. Please don't follow the path of some of our more rude and stupid members, but try to take the high road and become accepted as a fellow tradesman and not some putz.

This is true, and I do appreciate all the feedback, although I don't see why it's necessary to ask whether something has a deposit on it or not, its my judgment whether or not I think a client is going to pay me. And personally I would never dish out that kind of information on an online forum. I attempt always to take the high road, which is hard on forums as people tend to less fearless on consequences of their posts

signmeup

Too many blue bubbles and they're not big enough. Might look good with a single giant blue bubble to keep the orange one company.