• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our First Boat Wrap...

EmpireGFX.com

Well.. thanks to some help and advice from the Signs101 family we have completed our first boat wrap. It was definitely a different experience than wrapping a vehicle but it was kind of fun to do something so big. I think it came out great for our first attempt at a boat and the customer loves it so hopefully this will be the start of a new market for us.

On to the pics.. let me know what you guys think!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

tanneji

looks great! Those things are always tricky haha. We did a few for the bassmasters tourney and it was a nightmare going around the front curvature of the boat. Have any problems or solutions that might be handy to know?

EmpireGFX.com

Tanneji we made a template of the boat before printing the graphics which helped a ton! Instead of trying to install a 24' rectangle we had the exact shape of the side of the boat which made following the curvature of the bow a lot easier! Search boat wraps and you should come up with some good info on making the templates, etc.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like it came out pretty good.
Did you do the layout or just the print/install?

wayne k
guam usa

Fitch

Don't know what the "stick" job is like ( I truly hope it stays there...)

But from just a camera angle distance away, it is almost impossible to read. Imagine trying to read that at even 12knots.

Not bagging - just a tip for next time. Graphics are graphics and signs are signs. One is purty the other legible and functionable.

Cheers

EmpireGFX.com

I think everything should be easily read except for part of the phone number when it's in the water. As for the size/readability.. the customer requested the numerous sponsors so it was really the only way we could fit everything on there without it looking too cluttered. I think he was looking for more exposure when he is driving around town or has it parked somewhere by the beach. We did the design/layout, printing and install ourselves and I think it came out pretty good for our first attempt at a boat wrap.

Marlene

the customer requested the numerous sponsors so it was really the only way we could fit everything on there without it looking too cluttered.

that is a really hard thing to deal with and I think you did a great job with that. this doesn't look like a first wrap to me, it looks like you have been doing this all your life! my favorite is the colors as it is going to look fantastic in the water and when not floating around, it will always make people feel like they are at the beach.

EmpireGFX.com

Vector Doctor - All of the graphics were created by us in house. The only thing the customer supplied were the sponsor logos. The background is a combination of a few different stock photos.