• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor life of pre-painted aluminium sheet?

SignProPlus-Chip

You know the stuff, just like Grimco and AlumaPanel supply.

I know it's a factory finish, but does anyone have any real world experience with how this stuff wears? Does it fade, oxidize etc..?

Looking at .040" two sided color for an outdoor project to replace subtrate that was originally painted and has faded badly over the last couple of years.

ChicagoGraphics

It varies I guess but you should get at least 5 years +.

I have some signs out there that been hanging up for the past 15-20 years, yes the white is either faded or just completely gone, but the lettering is still on them.

Malkin

Varies by manufacturer and color. Around here the darker colors get about 5-6 before noticeable fading or chalkiness.

Billct2

a Long time in my experience and if any of my customers took my advice and washe d& waxed them twice a year they'd look good twice as long

Mosh

I am looking down the street right now at a sign I put up in 1991. White aluminum with orange and brown Gerber 220. It is up 25' and still looks good from the ground.

SignProPlus-Chip

Good to know everyone...Thanks for the input.:)

4-6 years it well beyond what we need to get out of these, so it looks like we will be good to go.

SignManiac

As Bill stated, it really depends on how well the customer takes care of it. Washing and a little wax make a huge difference. I have one up that's ten years old and it still looks good.