• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outline

WOODBS

can anyone remind me how to get a crisp outline in flexi around a beveled text from ps? thanks bret

zmatalucci

type text in flexi, convert to curves, export .eps file, open in ps and add effects, save a .jpeg, bring back into flexi, put underneath the converted text, align, mask.

signguy95

or use the magic wand in flexi and select the background...invert selection...under bitmap menu, convert marquee to shape...mask.

Jay

iSign

select background in Flexi, invert selection, create path, export path to illustrator
this gives you your vector data to take in flexi. You want crisp, you can't beat vectors!

Conor Knoxx

not to be a thread pirate... :thread

:peace!:

but it is relevant... but why convert back to jpg?

Its my understanding, if you did the curves/export to eps thing - add effects in PS - then just save as psd file - it retains the transparent background? Which you can then outline in Flexi...

I'm sure I've done this.... just not in a while :Big Laugh

D&Tgraphics

Why don't you just add the PS effects in Flexi? You can use most, if not all of your PS filters in flexi. It's under the bitmap tool bar.

thewood

type text in flexi, convert to curves, export .eps file, open in ps and add effects, save a .jpeg, bring back into flexi, put underneath the converted text, align, mask.

That about covers it! I don't convert the text to curves, though, since Flexi automatically does that when exporting as .eps.

:goodpost: