• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outlook and Hotmail contacts

masterdesigns

Maybe not the best forum to post this question, but again the users here amaze me with their knowledge.

Basically, I am trying to get my hotmail contacts into my Microsoft Outlook. I've searched the web for hours, and yet cannot either figure it out or just can't get it working.

When I export from Hotmail, it is a "Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values File".

Now I go to outlook, and import that excel file and get an error message. I get a message that says ".....Use microsoft excel to name the range of data I want to import.

I'm lost, no idea how to set the range of data to import.

Any takers on this? Hope somebody out there has dealt with it.

Thanks

maxxgraphix

It's just a CVS file. From outlook select import then "from another file or program" -> CVS Windows -> Import map.

The map will place the data in the correct fields.

maxxgraphix

Thunderbird is a nice client but lacks in features compared to Outlook. I you need Tasks and Scheduling or shared Groupware then Outlook will have to do.

I'm not refering to Outlook Express. Oh make sure your using Outlook 2003. They fixed many if not all of the security problems with VB script.

Techman

Get the plugins for Firebird and you will have the better email client.
Outlook is the world's biggest malware port known to man. Bar none.

masterdesigns

Worked like a charm

It's just a CVS file. From outlook select import then "from another file or program" -> CVS Windows -> Import map.

The map will place the data in the correct fields.

Thank you so much, it was much easier with the simple instructions.

Oh yea, I'll have to check out Thunderbird, I have not yet heard about that.:U Rock: :thankyou:

Bigdawg

Just Me
You will like Thunderbird.. I just switched over and the spam filtering alone is awesome.. really cuts down on the junk I have to go through. I imported my address book from Outlook Express with no problems.