• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outrageous!!!

Case

JV33 Has only 1 head, Dampers are not included in warranty as fas as Advantage are concerned, And for a grand travel costs I could have a long weekend in Bahamas for that, you sure the tech isn,t doing the same on your expense.

JV33 has one head, no kidding, that is why i put $2500 for the replacement head cost on my previous post... JV3 has 4 heads which are $1250 each now.....

The warranty is worth it in my opinion... People complain about paying health insurance they never use at their jobs... As I stated before, ONE day you may really need it...And dampers, pumps, wipers are CONSUMABLES... Not under warranty...

Like I also stated earlier, if printer manufacturers and distributors could trust ALL customers on their maintenance and use of the machines then maybe things would be different... As many people that take great care of their machines out there, there are also a great deal that don't take care of their machines at all and want someone out there to repair it every time they can't just hit the print button and its not working perfectly...

Whatever way the system works, the bottom line is: you never are going to please everyone....

Case

particleman

and LABOR?? haha your nuts....

printhead dies??? $2500 bucks............fry your mainboard. $3000-$4000..........

Case

What is nuts is $2,500 for a printhead :banghead: Mimaki has always been terrible about inflated parts cost, for example fieldcenter (right here on this forum) is selling JV33/JV5 heads for $670 delivered. It is not hard to justify the parts only warranty if you are subject to paying an outrage price like that. :rolleyes:

futuredcon

What is nuts is $2,500 for a printhead :banghead: Mimaki has always been terrible about inflated parts cost, for example fieldcenter (right here on this forum) is selling JV33/JV5 heads for $670 delivered. It is not hard to justify the parts only warranty if you are subject to paying an outrage price like that. :rolleyes:

I saw that and I think it was corrected to $1400 however that is still a huge saving of $1100 compared to some of the dealers who are making it on the consumer.
Why is it if I have a problem with my one year old truck that is under warranty, I quite simply call a dealer and either I take it to them if it is roadwaorthy or they collect it FREE and get me up and running under the warranty PARTS AND LABOR No extras whatsoever. The best part is the truck costs about 4 times as much as the printer.
Don't add up does it , Well it might do for the dealer but not for the consumer.
And then there comes to extend the warranty on my truck for a further year $470 for the year parts and labor included.
And out of curiousity does any one here know how long it takes qualified tech to change a head on a JV33 130?
Thank you.

Case

I saw that and I think it was corrected to $1400 however that is still a huge saving of $1100 compared to some of the dealers who are making it on the consumer.
Why is it if I have a problem with my one year old truck that is under warranty, I quite simply call a dealer and either I take it to them if it is roadwaorthy or they collect it FREE and get me up and running under the warranty PARTS AND LABOR No extras whatsoever. The best part is the truck costs about 4 times as much as the printer.
Don't add up does it , Well it might do for the dealer but not for the consumer.
And then there comes to extend the warranty on my truck for a further year $470 for the year parts and labor included.
And out of curiousity does any one here know how long it takes qualified tech to change a head on a JV33 130?
Thank you.

An hour or less with calibration as long as no problems arise.... But I'd give 2 hours to be safe... Different techs work at different speeds of course...

Case

iSign

Why is it if I have a problem with my one year old truck that is under warranty, I quite simply call a dealer...

...then there comes to extend the warranty on my truck for a further year $470 for the year parts and labor included.

you don't know?

well, 90% of the population probably will own a vehicle some day...
how many will own a printer? 9%... hell no... .9%... naahhhh... maybe .09%... I doubt even that... I'd bet it's much closer to 10,000 vehicles sold for every one printer... maybe even 100,000 to 1...

...so, I think that might help answer your question

futuredcon

you don't know?

well, 90% of the population probably will own a vehicle some day...
how many will own a printer? 9%... hell no... .9%... naahhhh... maybe .09%... I doubt even that... I'd bet it's much closer to 10,000 vehicles sold for every one printer... maybe even 100,000 to 1...

...so, I think that might help answer your question
Thank you for that informative info.