• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

overlaminate recommendation

Tuanny

Hello doing wall murals and got a roll of the avery mpi 2611 what are some recommendations for the laminates that would work well with it? Also if i go with something like fabric like Phototex or GF 234 Graphi-Tex would i still need to spray laminate on it. Printing with an epson 60600 and was doing some scratch test on the avery 2611 and i can see micro scratches when using the squeegee.

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What does the manufacturer suggest ?? Not the distributor, but the manufacturer.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
For anything we print going on a wall that a client requests laminated, we go overboard and use cast matte lam. I personally don't trust a calendared lam for a wall for long term. Short term...not so bad then.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Personally have never laminated a wall mural. If you're scratching during install then change squeegees, or your installer. And figure out why your ink isn't curing adequately.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
2611? For a mural, we haven't laminated and found it fine (running a Roland). However, with contour cut letters or images we found it lacking (even after offgassing) and moved to a different cal/lam combo. 2611 is already so thick that it's a breeze to install without lam.

However, if you're going to laminate it, why not an Avery matte lam to match?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
However said:
IF the client wanted lam on the 2611, I would use DOL 1380 Matte just so there is no shrinkage or pulling with lam. As a rule we do not use calendared lam on walls.