• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Owner /Employee

Are you and Owner or an Employee

• Owner

Votes: 188 78.7%
  • Employee

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters

WB

just curious as to how many people on here are owners rather then employees of a sign compnay?

To me it sounds like there's alot more owners the employees.

I'm an employee, my parents are the owners, I've been working here for about 3 1/2. Hopefully 1 day I will not be the employee but the employeer.

oh yeah I tried to make a poll but didn't see the option anywhere..:rolleyes:

tiamarie

I'm an employee. Mom (Bigdawg Design) is the owner. We're both on here. Isn't it great working for your parents ;-)

firestorm

I am an employee. I work with my boyfriend (we've known each other for years before we started working together), and we both work for his parents. Makes for some interesting days at work :tongue: !!

Sign One

Owner/Partner

I co-own the shop with my boyfriend/partner of 10 years. He's been doing it longer so he's really still the boss!

williamson design

Both

I work as a Graphic Designer for a local college and I freelance Sign/Design work on off hours.

Hoping to go full time on my own someday.

Glen

Checkers

I picked other!
I'm an employee of the corporation that my wife and I happen to own. The pay sucks and the hours are long, but I'm havin' fun :)

Checkers

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Partner, but not responsible for anything that goes right. You guessed it; my wife is the other partner. :biggrin:

Flame

Owner, operator, CEO, vice president and silent partner.

I'll never be an employee again for the rest of my life.

N

New Sign Guy

I chose other because the company I work for is not a sign company, it is a hospital that has a sign tech ( me )

We own but that does not give us anything other than personal satisfaction and the ability to run for a family emergency.

As employees, we could turn the key, go home and relax - not anymore - not for a very long time!

Whit

I made a hunderd dollers las week,,, but,,,
it's Mine,,, Mine,,, All Mine,,, (after taxes, natch !!!)

MAB SIGNS

I've been an employee too long, I would love having my own shop, rough road and all.

New Sign Guy? That's different that a Hospital has it's own sign tech, very cool.

Baz

Owner/Operator. I've become an official boss just a few months ago when i just had to hire a part time employee (25hrs). If things keep up he will be full time and then maybee another part timer. And so on .. and so on ...

OADesign

employee.....
of the corp/franchise monster. (snif, sob)

but in the my secret lab that is disguised as my home i am concocting my fiendish plot to be become an OWNER of a REAL SIGN SHOOOOOOOOP!

(insert thunder and lightning here)

MMMMMWAAAA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHH. (cough).

but seriously though. I'm working on it. clearing my credit. bus plan is done. entity is created and waiting for proper funding to jump out there and hit the road with my wheels a spinnin'