• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oy vey..................................................

Val47

I have to say, I do really like the lightning bolt at the top. It takes you directly to what's new, then you can choose new unread posts, latest activity. Tex, check it out... I think that's what you're looking for?

ikarasu

I was going to say my biggest gripe is the default view is different.... But I got beaten to it! I liked going to s101 and seeing what's new.

Not the biggest issue as you can trick chrome into auto filling the url into the what's new, but now that ads are fixed... I think that's the only thing that "bugs" me about the changes.

Val47

I was going to say my biggest gripe is the default view is different.... But I got beaten to it! I liked going to s101 and seeing what's new.

Not the biggest issue as you can trick chrome into auto filling the url into the what's new, but now that ads are fixed... I think that's the only thing that "bugs" me about the changes.
Use the lightning bolt

Val47

Can you add back in the member info in the posts so we can quickly see where people are from, how long they've been a member, how many posts they've had and how many reactions.
Click on a member name

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516-101343.jpg
    Screenshot_20210516-101343.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 155

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Click on a member name
Without clicking something. I think that is part of the reason people are saying that using the site is hard and things are hidden. It's form over function.
Imagine if your phone updated one day and they hid the clock to make the screen look nice and clean. Then to see what time it was, you had to click on a clock app.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Without clicking something. I think that is part of the reason people are saying that using the site is hard and things are hidden. It's form over function.
Imagine if your phone updated one day and they hid the clock to make the screen look nice and clean. Then to see what time it was, you had to click on a clock app.
I have been on all my devices , iPhone, android , ipad etc, taptalk pops up once and when clicked continue it does not pop up again.

ikarasu

If you use chrome... Just delete all S101 browser history. Then manually goto "https://www.signs101.com/whats-new/" And do it a dozen or so times. Then whenever you enter signs101, it'll auto fill in that address since it's what you visited the most. It works cross platform.

you could also technically edit your hosts file on windows/osx to redirect for you... or your routers DNS. Lots of ways to achieve it on the user level.

Having new posts show up on the main page was nice, but I see why it's not that way anymore...much better SEO results when the main forum is indexed at the index level. So an extra click for us, but it could drive more traffic and increase google rankings this way... which in return brings more users / and could make the site better, worth the trade off.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The Home Page should go to Recent posts or SOMETHING recent. Your showing a list of outdated content. The only thing recent on the home page is this thread, because Gino was smart enough to post it under site help and suggestions.

Edit to say - the home page is the landing page, and it's not helping your SEO to have such outdated activity as your landing page.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, I was not smart enough to do that. Paul had the sense and moved it so it could do more good and perhaps get some feedback about other problems.

Notarealsignguy

So my biggest nag is that my right click does not work in the text field I'm typing in now.
Now I know a great number of you imagine I have imacculate speelings, but I rely heavily on chrome's built in spell checker so that I can focus all of my affort on grammer! Can we get that right click to work again? Am I doing it wrong? I feel old...
You are old. 1/2 of the users here wouldn't even recognize your avatar.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Perfect! I deleted my bookmark and went to the What's New page then added the bookmark again. Brings me right to the What's New page!

Notarealsignguy

Wait, I guess it was just Stacey's profile that has an age listed! Did I miss that box or is Stacey the only honest one around here?
Some of us are honest around here burton. I'm a very handsome 25 year old that is highly sought after by the ladies. I had the box checked but it must have disappeared with this fancy new layout.