• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painting Acrylic Letters?

Dooka

Hello!
We are painting some 1/4" acrylic sign blanks and letters.
We were told to use a special latex acrylic paint and primer from Sherwin Williams.
From what I remember, I always had used a oil base paint.
Can anyone myth bust or recommend what to use with painting and priming acrylic letters.

Thanks!

Gene@mpls

At Indiana Rob's sign workshop it was suggested that we use Krylon Fusion spray paint as a primer... then whatever paint you prefer. Gene

Mosh

Krylon Fusion or if it is just the faces cover with vinyl. Don't that a few times.

TammieH

We use to use the Sherwin Williams acrylic bonding primer on acrylic and pvc, back in Ohio, it seemed to work well enough.

1leonchen

if u use krylon dont use a enamel paint over it. it will curgle.use only krylon for plastics they have nice stock colours.

i use a plastic auto motive bumper primer followed by the colour match whether pms or pantone works great if need to special colour. very expensive to do it this way but longer lasting finish. faster turn around time. comparison in price is like 20 dollars vs 110 dollars.

visual800

2 part automotive epoxy will work also on these and top with latex. we have done it with no issues