• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

panel size

signrios

would anybody know the exact measurements for these road signs? (panels only)
customer wants to replace them with plexiglass, i misplaced my notes, i do remember they were like 38.1/4 in height and 96" wide
sign is like an hour away, just want to save myself a trip

thanks

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 169

unclebun

Replacing the face with acrylic isn't going to be so easy. The channel is wide to accept the corrugated face. A piece of 3/16" acrylic is going to flop around like a fish.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Replacing the face with acrylic isn't going to be so easy. The channel is wide to accept the corrugated face. A piece of 3/16" acrylic is going to flop around like a fish.

Not to mention, who in their right mind would wanna use a $200 cabinet to make a new electric sign ?? The can is so thin, they'll have hot-spots galore. Hey, maybe they wanna put LEDs in it and really spice it up.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I remember Sam's Club selling those things for around $300 each. This is more than 10 years ago.

I miss those signs. EMDs are ugly and hard to read.

LED variable message displays can look great and be very effective. The problem is too many customers buy units that are too small and/or too low in resolution to be effective. Plus too many don't know how to create graphics that are legible and attractive.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
They look very gaudy. If I wanted to see crap like that everywhere I went, I'd move to vegas. I also question their effectiveness.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
when I was in high school I was driving to school and a tornado came through...crazy fluke. one of those signs slid into my car.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
You just stick to that story. Did you try to return it ??
lol! poor choice of words on my part. I couldnt say that it RAN into me. and it wasn't quite like the wizard of oz, so it didn't fly.

But true story, my dad is a bona fide hoarder and we had one of those on the side of our house.

signheremd

We have some very OLD ones still here. Can't promise yours is the same size, but ours takes a 39.5x95.75 panel and the channel accommodates a .75" panel.

Scotchbrite

No comment
We got a bunch of that corrugated plastic panel in our rack left over from a job 7 years ago. I was just sure we'd use it up. Back then our local sign supplier carried it in stock.