• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pantone 165 - cant find a close match

signswi

Ask someone with a GS6000 to print it, about the only solvent machine with a gamut that can approach that particular PMS. I'm not a big fan of getting dirty with double hit hacks and such. I hope you charged for all that time spent experimenting...

boxerbay

Ask someone with a GS6000 to print it, about the only solvent machine with a gamut that can approach that particular PMS. I'm not a big fan of getting dirty with double hit hacks and such. I hope you charged for all that time spent experimenting...

haha i was reading and reading till someone took the words out of my mouth.

I know a few dont like the Epson because of possible take up reel issues and that it is a mutoh with epson badges but hey it runs good and hits those oranges. My reel works fine, guess I got a lucky one.

We had a seiko 64s before the epson and pantone 165 or any bright orange always came out flat or tinted brownish. it is just the inks color gamut. also grey gradients on the seiko always came out tinged green or blue never a cool grey. drove me NUTS!

The epson - open file hit print - colorburst rip reads pantones in file and hit them perfect. I save a lot of time and headaches.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Just out of curiosity - I just checked my printed pantone chart against the actual pantone color book. My Mimaki JV33 pretty much nails 165 dead on. I do create and use our own custom profiles though so maybe that makes the difference over vanilla profiles. Then again just a couple over 171 is way off. My printed 171 is much paler than the actual Pantone chip.

Neat tip on the comply backing paper too! Just for grins I also took a bit of Oracal 751 and laminated it to some 180CV3 backing paper. Worked pretty good. Might come in handy for certain things. :)