• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Park Street.

synergy_jim

I'll just leave these here.

Attachments

• IMG_6367.jpg
    IMG_6367.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_6368.jpg
    IMG_6368.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_6369.jpg
    IMG_6369.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6359.jpg
    IMG_6359.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 205
Very nice. I like all the hardware showing on the beams. The one thing I hate is the visible conduit though. Sometimes you can't get around it though. Very nice.

CanuckSigns

Can I ask how you did the hardware and fasteners? I really like the hand forged look the the metal elements, were those purchased or did you fabricate them?

synergy_jim

All the metal was hand hammered and distressed. I have a guy that I use that is amazing at that. The steel rivets / nails are actually custom fabricated 4 sided lag bolts to make them look old. The tops are ground to a pyramid shape on them.

As as for the conduit, I busted my brains on how to hide it. I wanted to drill the center of the post and sneak it up inside, but there were to many issues with existing electrical to make it happen. The plan as of now is to let the landscapers do their thing and them paint it tan to match the post.

thanks for all the compliments! We really enjoyed this one.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
First thing I noticed was the conduit.. if I had to drive past it, it would drive me crazy, but, still a beautiful sign... very creative. I'm sure the client is stoked - they should be.

Craig Sjoquist

That is the way to do it indeed excellent image with bonus points, there is so much about this that right the conduit is unnoticed, good going & keep doing great stuff like this.

niksagkram

Excellent use of materials. I love it. Do you expect the wood to age some, or have you treated it somehow? Just curious. :)

Mark

SignosaurusRex

Very, very Nice! :thumb: I really love the rough Cedar and aged iron combination. That combination was used very heavily back in the 70's and early 80's by the "Black Angus Steakhouse" restaurant chain and proved to be a very successful combination. Excellent final touch with the modified lag bolts as well. Once all is done and the conduit painted, no one will really notice it.