• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

partial truck wrap - need rough square footage

DigiPrinter

I have an 2008 Ford F150 supercab longbed that I've been asked to quote out. I've seen pictures but haven't gotten to the vehicle yet to measure but was wondering if anyone has a template to figure a quick rough square footage. I need the square footage from the doors back (just the bed area) and the tailgate. Thanks!

DigiPrinter

square footage

Thanks Michael, however, it is not a full wrap. It's the bed of the truck and tailgate (doors, hood, fenders, top are not part of the wrap).

mudmedia

Thanks Michael, however, it is not a full wrap. It's the bed of the truck and tailgate (doors, hood, fenders, top are not part of the wrap).

How do you expect someone to tell you the square footage on a partial wrap? Um that all depends on what you are covering and how you lay the design around. You can make whatever square footage you want really. He was telling you the full wrap square footage so you obviously would subtract from there.

rjssigns

How do you expect someone to tell you the square footage on a partial wrap? Um that all depends on what you are covering and how you lay the design around. You can make whatever square footage you want really. He was telling you the full wrap square footage so you obviously would subtract from there.

mudmedia is right and I will add,

Here is today's rant. Can't stand it when a newb comes here looking for us to do their leg work. What? Too difficult to run to your clients with a tape measure? Too hard to Google the dims? If you can't understand the absolute basics maybe you shouldn't be doing the job.

Yup, I've had enough today and this guy gets my ire.

ChicagoGraphics

Here is today's rant. Can't stand it when a newb comes here looking for us to do their leg work. What? Too difficult to run to your clients with a tape measure? Too hard to Google the dims? If you can't understand the absolute basics maybe you shouldn't be doing the job.

But, but, but his client is 50 miles away.....

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Ah, gosh and double darn it. Does this mean I can't welcome them from PA anymore ??

But it's so sweet with their coming here thinking this is a place where one comes to find solutions to their sign problems and then you hafta call them on it. Sometimes I just don't get you old grouchy grumps........... :peace!:

4R Graphics

Its a F150 Im sure you can find one close in year in the walmart parking lot.

I have had to do that once or twice because customer couldnt get to me or something

just be quick people are funny when they walk up to you as your measuring there car.

rjssigns

Ah, gosh and double darn it. Does this mean I can't welcome them from PA anymore ??

But it's so sweet with their coming here thinking this is a place where one comes to find solutions to their sign problems and then you hafta call them on it. Sometimes I just don't get you old grouchy grumps........... :peace!:

Hey Gino ya caught me. One of those days. The old camel and straw thing. Or better yet the ol' I don't know how to use a tape measure or Google gambit. Where in God's green earth does it end?

Already started therapy...:beer Cheers!

jfiscus

Rap Master
seriously, just a rough estimate for a bedside/tailgate wrap? You should be able to do that with common sense... Assuming the bedside is ~8' long x around 4' tall your bedsides area/materials estiamte should be around 9'x4' (36sf ea), plus tailgate at ~3'x5' (15sf), so a rough total sf would be 36+36+15= 87sf. Right?

HulkSmash

Gino, i love you and all.. but you're the king of what you just said. I have no problem with it, but i mean you shouldn't be pointing fingers

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, i love you and all.. but you're the king of what you just said. I have no problem with it, but i mean you shouldn't be pointing fingers

And your point being........??

Seriously, you really don't understand me at all if you had to make that comment.

DigiPrinter

I got it figured out. I brain farted yesterday morning and very easily could have figured the square footage. I do own Bad Wraps templates, but not through the current year (through 2007). I wasn't sure if the overalls of the 2008 changed drastically from previous years. For those that said to google, I did go that route before posting and in my search I wasn't finding good information. Obviously, J Hill knew of a good website to get that information (thanks again J Hill). As far as going to measure the truck, I would love to do that and would definitely do prior to providing a hard number....I'm not at that stage yet. What gets me though is how sideways a forum site can get....one person doesn't read the question right and goes in a different direction, then the train derailment begins. I'm past this now and moving on....

J Hill Designs

the google search I used was <year> <make> <model> specifications

"2008 ford f-150 specifications"

just for future reference :thumb:

HulkSmash

And your point being........??
Seriously, you really don't understand me at all if you had to make that comment.

Gino, i know you were being sarcastic.. Trust me, i'm not slow. I do know you :Big Laugh

also trust me, many are, which is why i said that.. :rock-n-roll: