• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

People are getting edgy lately...

Reveal1

So I had to go to the Post Office this morning and go inside to get a letter postmarked. As I was pulling up a old man in a brand new Mercedes was taking his sweet a$$ time pulling in his parking space. I parked, got out and proceeded to go in while I put my mask on. Noticed that the old man (he was probably my age) was not wearing a mask. The black girl behind the counter started to yell at him about not having a mask on. He mumbled something, dropped his letter off and proceeded to walk out. As he went through the door another woman told him he needed a mask, he mumbled something else and the woman yelled fu** you to him. I meantime was next in line and got today's postmark on my letter. I thought the whole thing amusing and was glad to see the old guy get what he deserved.
Without the mask mandate the old man just breezes through life without catching any crap from people he has no regard for. Probably a retired lawyer.

So Johnny, if I was sensitive , I might ask 'what color was the woman that yelled 'fu** you' to the old man and what difference does the skin color of the postal clerk make? If I was a sensitive white neckbeard in Portland, I might then burn your car to demonstrate against your micro-agressions and white privilege. If I was old (I am) I might say 'what difference does it make how old the guy is; indifference to others is wrong regardless of age, color, sex whatever. If I was a cop I might ticket the old lawyer and when he pulls a knife to protest, shoot his ass. And if I was the old lawyer and lived, I might sue the police department, demand they be de-funded, and then sue the Post office for millions for good measure. Yes, all this sensitivity is really helpful.

Reveal1

I'm sure I'll make some people unhappy, sorry, but I'll say it anyway. When our president sets an example of constant name calling he sets the bar for others, especially our younger generation. When he is disrespectful and a bully to anyone who doesn't agree with him, people will follow that behavior.
Stick and stones...

Johnny Best

Hey Reveal, hope you get an old brown doctor who studied in India at the emergency room to fix those broken bones.
Make sure to wear a mask.

De.signs Nanaimo

You can only control yourself and your environment. In this current situation globally, everyone is more tense, getting less sleep and experiencing more stress. In my opinion the best thing to do when confronted, no matter who is wrong or bullying, jut walk away if possible. If you can't walk away then deescalate the situation quickly, apologise or whatever just get out of the hostility however possible. We are in strange times and people before Covid where on a hair trigger just looking for a good scrap about any topic or cause, and things as we have all seen things can get out of hand quickly.

No current political view is worth dying for, the corruption behind the scenes is what really matters, and that same corruption is what is draining the resources from the average people and has for decades. The stock market is so obviously rigged by going up during the worst global economic crisis in modern history that all rules are out the window, don't count on anything being normal during this winter.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure I'll make some people unhappy, sorry, but I'll say it anyway. When our president sets an example of constant name calling he sets the bar for others, especially our younger generation. When he is disrespectful and a bully to anyone who doesn't agree with him, people will follow that behavior.

Wait a minute, why start there ?? Little late to be pointing fingers.

When I was a kid, we looked up to baseball, football, olympic athletes. They were on cereal boxes and played big role models for us. We even wanted to be..... just like them. But, come along to around the 80's and having an argument with an ump was normal, but when the players started spitting on the umps, throwing sh!t at them and players just started being complete jerks, that put a halt to those role models. They're nothing but a buncha immature overpaid d!cks. Respect. Not for them. The whole feeling of the world has changed. The norm has become the abnorm and the abnorm has become the norm. Total stupidity, but when you allow people to peacefully protest by burning down businesses, bust thousands upon thousands of windows, ruin automobile lots and just plain kill innocent people..... then you need to know, there's something wrong. Not one person you don't like calling someone a name. Name calling is just that. Name calling. No one gets hurt from that..... and if your feelings are hurt, too frickin' bad.... it's only words. Not baseball bats, rocks of molotov cocktails.

JetPress

Have you seen Social Dilemma on Netflix? Pretty interesting views on social media

I noticed an increase of outspoken mostly angry people over the years. I haven't seen Social Dilemma but I do believe that since people have become more out spoken on social media they now feel more comfortable of pushing their opinions out loud in public. Too many people are now "either you think like me or you're dead to me" because these days its so easy to cut people out of your life and find like minded friends.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Wait a minute, why start there ?? Little late to be pointing fingers.

When I was a kid, we looked up to baseball, football, olympic athletes. They were on cereal boxes and played big role models for us. We even wanted to be..... just like them. But, come along to around the 80's and having an argument with an ump was normal, but when the players started spitting on the umps, throwing sh!t at them and players just started being complete jerks, that put a halt to those role models. They're nothing but a buncha immature overpaid d!cks. Respect. Not for them. The whole feeling of the world has changed. The norm has become the abnorm and the abnorm has become the norm. Total stupidity, but when you allow people to peacefully protest by burning down businesses, bust thousands upon thousands of windows, ruin automobile lots and just plain kill innocent people..... then you need to know, there's something wrong. Not one person you don't like calling someone a name. Name calling is just that. Name calling. No one gets hurt from that..... and if your feelings are hurt, too frickin' bad.... it's only words. Not baseball bats, rocks of molotov cocktails.
This is all learned behavior. Respect for others isn't something that people value anymore and it didn't start with the current generation either. Respect today means you have to listen to me because I am right and deserve more than the next guy.

CanuckSigns

So I had to go to the Post Office this morning and go inside to get a letter postmarked. As I was pulling up a old man in a brand new Mercedes was taking his sweet a$$ time pulling in his parking space. I parked, got out and proceeded to go in while I put my mask on. Noticed that the old man (he was probably my age) was not wearing a mask. The black girl behind the counter started to yell at him about not having a mask on. He mumbled something, dropped his letter off and proceeded to walk out. As he went through the door another woman told him he needed a mask, he mumbled something else and the woman yelled fu** you to him. I meantime was next in line and got today's postmark on my letter. I thought the whole thing amusing and was glad to see the old guy get what he deserved.
Without the mask mandate the old man just breezes through life without catching any crap from people he has no regard for. Probably a retired lawyer.

What did the girl behind the counter being black add to this story exactly?

Johnny Best

I used "black" because I don't know how to spell "African American". And, if you have ever been schooled by a black girl you would understand the significances of her talking to the old guy without the mask.

Reveal1

You just got the Canadian version of being 'schooled'. What's the world coming to when even the Canucks are getting rude and opinionated?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Let me get this straight. If someone here..... or anywhere says something like....... black girl, there's something wrong with that ?? Is that now a racial slur ?? I can't say I was eating black licorice or had my bike painted black ?? Certain adjectives are no longer available for normal use ?? I mean, gay has been taken away. Birds used to tweet, I eat catfish, but now its an evil person. What has this computer world done to us ?? It's made us into a bunch of ninnies. Just look around. Nothing but a buncha cyber monkeys asking dumb sign questions. What would they all have ebbn doing 30 years ago ?? I'm not advocating doing everything by hand or whatever, just without this contraption, most people here, wouldn't be here...... at all. We've lost who we are and what we are.

Listen, you can hear Robert right now putting together another thread....... is that some part of sewing ??

Reveal1

Hey Reveal, hope you get an old brown doctor who studied in India at the emergency room to fix those broken bones.
Make sure to wear a mask.

Free for our customers...
(we also have one that says 'Mask Up' to cover all the bases.) practicing sucking up to everyone in case I want to run for office and Make America Great Again Again

Attachments

• 20201020_141838.jpg
    20201020_141838.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133

decalman

People are definitely getting more wicked and hateful. Let the scoffers scoff and the mockers mock . The end of all things is at hand. God is withdrawing His Spirit, and the world is becoming more and more demon possessed. Have some provisions before Nov.3.

Johnny Best

People are definitely getting more wicked and hateful. Let the scoffers scoff and the mockers mock . The end of all things is at hand. God is withdrawing His Spirit, and the world is becoming more and more demon possessed. Have some provisions before Nov.3.