• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PERFORATED VINYL.. WHAT THE HECK..

elitetech

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT SPECIFIC SOLUTION YOU HAVE FOR PERFORATED VINYL FINAL OUTPUT.. WHY AM I NOT GETTING A BRIGHT COLOR VIBRANCY WITH PERFS? IVE TRIED THE STANDARD PROFILES AND NOTHING,, CHANGED WITH FEW DIFFERENT BRANDS AND STILL NOTHING.. SOME KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT AND IF YOU DO,, AND HAVE A SOLUTION,, PLEASE SEND ME A DM AND NOT ON THIS TREAD.. i DONT WANT OTHERS TO FIND OUT ANY SPECIAL SECRETS AND TIPS YOU HAVE.. THANK YOU..

unclebun

The holes are what causes it not to look as bright and vivid. However, when you install it on a window that is dark on the backside (the interior light is much less than the outside light) and view it from a moderate distance, the eye and brain make up for it fairly well.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
On a full wrap, I always use the same profile for the wrap and perf. It's never going to look as vibrant because 30% to 50% of the image becomes the window color.

If it's a perf only job, use the profile you know works on your vinyl, but beware of the heat settings. Setting them too high can cause the perf to buckle and increase the chance of head strikes. If that doesn't work buy better perf.

Brando

You could put a non perforated second surface print of the same image mirrored on the inside of the window on clear vinyl then back that with white vinyl. BUT IT MIGHT BE TO VIBRANT.

Alan Menhennet

Try a perforated film with less transparency (smaller holes) or even try a 2 x overprint. That is what is suggested for white back PVC for instance

Gino

Premium Subscriber
PM sent...... or as you requested, a DM.

Hope that helps. We have perfect prints and results every time doing it the tworld ways i sent you..​

karst41

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT SPECIFIC SOLUTION YOU HAVE FOR PERFORATED VINYL FINAL OUTPUT.. WHY AM I NOT GETTING A BRIGHT COLOR VIBRANCY WITH PERFS? IVE TRIED THE STANDARD PROFILES AND NOTHING,, CHANGED WITH FEW DIFFERENT BRANDS AND STILL NOTHING.. SOME KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT AND IF YOU DO,, AND HAVE A SOLUTION,, PLEASE SEND ME A DM AND NOT ON THIS TREAD.. i DONT WANT OTHERS TO FIND OUT ANY SPECIAL SECRETS AND TIPS YOU HAVE.. THANK YOU..

Please do not type in Capitols. Is is called YELLING and is viewed as rude, world wide.

Some people think that typing in capitols will get attention, but the reality is that people tend to quickly
disregard the post, and navigate away.

Thank You

MikePro

+1 to all stated above...
educating your client what to expect, or designing around this limitation, would be the only solutions.

....and hats off to the capslock tipsters
:dog42: