• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop files between mac/pc help!

Bigcat_hunter

Same version of adobe on each computer? I've never had a problem working between my mac and pc with my adobe files.

Edit: Oh.. if you're having problems opening your psds in Flexi.. that sounds like a Flexi problem. Not a mac to pc or adobe issue.

No the pc is strictly a rip computer. There is no adobe programs on it.

Bigcat_hunter

Ok, I have been screwing with this all day. I have found a way to open my psd files and contour cut in Flexi. This is absolutely stupid.

I have to put the files on my desktop, select then drag and drop into flexi. It works fine that way. I cannot import from a file folder, I can not drag and drop from a file folder, I have to drag and drop from the desktop. What the hell?

Did I mention that I hate PC's?

thewood

export from photoshop as a tiff, transparent background, with alpha channel

Flexi won't open a .tif with an Alpha Channel. Flatten the file, import the resulting raster image and create your cut line in Flexi. You may be able to export an acceptable vector cut path from Photoshop (Export Paths to Illustrator). Flexi doesn't work well with transparent bitmaps--even those created in Flexi.

Basically, what Baz said.

WildWestDesigns

Did I mention that I hate PC's?

I think your hatred should be more directed to Flexi and not so much the PC. That's what it appears to be giving you the problem.

I have to wonder if you are using any raster effects in Photoshop that doesn't translate to your version of Flexi. I know that when I'm imported files into Wilcom (before I updated it) there were times it would give me a hard time.

I imagine that that is also possible in this type of situation as well. I don't know, I'm just spitballing here, I don't use Flexi.

Bigcat_hunter

I think your hatred should be more directed to Flexi and not so much the PC. That's what it appears to be giving you the problem.

I have to wonder if you are using any raster effects in Photoshop that doesn't translate to your version of Flexi. I know that when I'm imported files into Wilcom (before I updated it) there were times it would give me a hard time.

I imagine that that is also possible in this type of situation as well. I don't know, I'm just spitballing here, I don't use Flexi.

You are probably correct that it is a flexi problem. I just don't have flexi problems on my mac.

John Butto

save as

Yeah I have but the colors get funky with EPS files. WHite turns a shade of yellow etc.
So if your Photoshop .eps files opens on the pc with flexi fine but do not print right, you have something going on in Photoshop. This is a screenshot of color setting in Photoshop on a Mac. You may need to adjust to your needs. My suggestion is get rid of Flexi and get Shiraz or Caldera run on a Mac for your RIP.

Bigcat_hunter

So if your Photoshop .eps files opens on the pc with flexi fine but do not print right, you have something going on in Photoshop. This is a screenshot of color setting in Photoshop on a Mac. You may need to adjust to your needs. My suggestion is get rid of Flexi and get Shiraz or Caldera run on a Mac for your RIP.

I have a back up mac which I would rather use for a rip computer. The only reason I don't is because Flexi stopped making it for mac. Do you know if these other rip programs are mac compatible? Would they work with a Mutoh 1204 and a Vinyl Express cutter/plotter?

John Butto

They both work with a Mac, Think that Caldera only works with Mac. A lot of people on 101 are Caldera lovers. Do a search.