• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

number1talent

I ordered pinch rollers for my Roland Versacamm VS540i. I told the company I want to replace all of the rollers. They sent me 4 rollers. However, 2 of the pinch rollers have 2 black dots on the outside of the pinch rollers and the other 2 have 1 black dot on the outside of the pinch rollers. Does anyone know which are the outer and which are the middle pinch rollers? The pinch roller on the printer right now only have 1 red dot on the 2 outside pinch rollers and no dots on the 2 middle rollers.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I thought they were totally parallel, not tapered... in which case it ought not to matter- but I've only ever installed Chinese fresh ones on our Roland plotters - getting the 2nd washers to stick while putting the pin through is a challenge!

number1talent

I thought they were totally parallel, not tapered... in which case it ought not to matter- but I've only ever installed Chinese fresh ones on our Roland plotters - getting the 2nd washers to stick while putting the pin through is a challenge!
No, they are different from all of the information I've gathered. I replaced the 2 outside rollers before I realized the rollers must be placed in the right position. I didn't have too much of a problem putting the washers in. I dropped the washers between the pinch roller while holding tweezers underneath. The washer landed on top of the tweezers and I lifted the washer up into position while raising the tweezer. This also stopped the washer from slipping through and landing on the printer bed. It took me under a minute to replace each washer.

FrankW

There should be red or green dots on the outer rollers, they are slightly conical, and should be set with the marking to the outer side. The inner rollers are flat, and should be without marking.

netsol

The tapered ones are clear,or at least a lift color
The flat o new are black
The dots face out, not towards the center of the Machine

number1talent

There should be red or green dots on the outer rollers, they are slightly conical, and should be set with the marking to the outer side. The inner rollers are flat, and should be without marking.
Yeah, you would think, but these on have black dots on the outside. I contacted the manufacturer and they realized the gave me 4 outside roller instead of 2 inner and 2 outer.

tnawards

If you have any doubts just put them on a slightly inclined smooth surface and watch which way they roll. Rolls straight = inside, rolls left it goes on right side if you are facing printer, rolls right goes on left side facing printer.