• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plexi on Plywood...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My first question is.... what is this application for as an end result.

In other words..... how are you, or your customer, using this ??

cOrKinSA

Sorry i forgot to elabarate.
15"x80" Plexi going 12' high on a plywood surface. It will be a plaque to honor someone that donated a basketball scoreboard.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whatever floats your boat, but I wouldn't want that look haunting me a few months later.

Why don't you use Alumalite or something... and screw it fast ??

cOrKinSA

Whatever floats your boat, but I wouldn't want that look haunting me a few months later.

Why don't you use Alumalite or something... and screw it fast ??
I know what you mean. I have never once thought twice about it before but this time it is irking me. Maybe because it is going in a Catholic School and I see all these saints looking down on me.
Oh well I guess I'm gonna "screw" the heck out of that sign.

cOrKinSA

why ply wood?
Sorry I missed this question.
The whole gym seems to be walled with Plywood because you can see the bare walls where the old Scoreboard use to be.
I figure I will just drill some holes, mount it, and then finish my borders over the screws.

GP

Your method sounds fine. While in construction, we swore by liquid nails. I would screw the 4 corners and split the difference along the border as mentioned while the adhesive sets up. Keep in mind, however, it will NEVER come down.

GP

jiarby

that was the question i had...

liquid nails and clear doesn't sound like a good combo. Maybe he's painting it or covering with a print... but of so, why use plexi??