• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Blade Question

Air Art Girl

I know time is money in our business so nice sharp blades in the plotter are essential for fast easy weeding. What I was wondering is if many of you increase the force when you notice the blade isn't cutting as well or just replace it at that time. If you do increase the force, how long until you would replace the blade.

Ken

I might increase the depth of the cut..this will give a "fresh" edge. Dont want to EVER cut into the cutting strip tho..
Cheers..Ken

Air Art Girl

yeah, I know not to cut too deep but just wondering what others do before replacing the blade. Mine is pretty new, recently replaced the blade and strip.

Air Art Girl

so in other words, you increase your depth a number of times before replacing your blade. Personally I only increase it once before replacing because I want a really clean cut for fast weeding. Just wondering what others do.

Techman

i just increase the pressure setting. No such thing as depth adjustments with a good anagraph.

Ken

If a "good" Anagraph will not allow depth setting..how good is that?
Can 2 mil be cut same as 8 mil??
The force of the blade determines depth of the cut? I dunno, I like the option of the blade depth.
Ken

high impact

We'll increase the force a time or two at most...but after that we replace the blade. Oh...it weeds so nice after a fresh blade! ;-)

alanzhao

last time I changed my blade the pressure was set to 140 for cast and 170 for reflective. when I put the new blade in I forgot to change the pressure back and ouch you know what happen.