• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter material for reusable stencils

Dan77

Hi,

I have a Mimaki CG-60ST plotter and am looking to make reusable stencils for spraying stencil Art.

I was wondering what materials people might be using for making reusable stencils using a plotter.. Perhaps a mylar/ duralar or frisket based material..

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Dan

Air Art Girl

one thing we used for tshirts was pellon that you get at the fabric store. I think it would cut easy on a plotter but never tried it. We would use spray mount so it would stick then can reuse the stencil. We would cut them with xacto knife. Friskit can be cut on a plotter but it is so thin the you can't cut really small details and large pieces are hard to deal with because it's so thin. I've cut mylar in different thicknesses on my laser but never on my plotter.

B Snyder

Got samples of Kapco's two new stencil materials today. They are called "Ultra-Cut II" and "Board-Cut" You can try their website or call them to get some samples. I think this just may be the stuff you're looking for.

Dan77

Thanks for all the great info.. Seems like there's plenty of good stuff out there.. Hopefully they export to Australia. Found everything except the X2 (SSB15100)? Any ideas?

Cheers again..

Gene@mpls

Thanks for all the great info.. Seems like there's plenty of good stuff out there.. Hopefully they export to Australia. Found everything except the X2 (SSB15100)? Any ideas?

Cheers again..

I was reinforcing the previous post about breninc.com- that part number is
the product I use from Bren. Sorry about the shorthand- old man tryin' ta be
hip when 'groovy' is more my style.

postnetnc133

any updates since the last post for this thread? I have to make a stencil so my customer can spray paint their names on their tables and chairs and I would like to attempt to do this myself on my plotter.

ivin

Bren inc.

Thanks for showing me Bren Inc. there Product looks great! any similar products like that out there?

ivin

Bren Inc. Sample

I've had a great experience with BREN Inc! I couldn't decide what material would work best for me. After a couple emails they narrowed the choices down for me and mailed me a GREAT sample pack! I received it the next week, and considering im in Canada thats pretty great. Can't wait to try them out, this is exactly what I was looking for! I know you can buy some of their products elsewhere but I think I'll deal directly with them because they were so accommodating.

They gave me:

• 2 Poly-Cut SC
  • 2 Poly-Cut
  • 2 V-Mask
  • 5 Ultra-Cut II

Its definitely worth giving them a call or email!

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 244