• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poison Font

derrickcurry

Does anyone know the name of the font used in the 80's glam rock band Poison's logo? And can you point me in the direction of where I can download or purchase the font?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sign One

Sample?

you might want to post a sample, also look at the free sites - they have things categorized for like commercial etc.

derrickcurry

It was probably originally hand rendered but a lot of the fonts used for different band logos have been made into type sets. I've found a ton, just not this one, which of course it the one that I need.

Attached is a sample of the logo. Anything even similar would do.

Attachments

• poisonlogo2006.jpg
    poisonlogo2006.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 173

Idea Design

careful

ogriv, I never thought 30 was that much older than 20. We (at my day job) hired a guy to be an intern here, and I was drawing a set of plans with him looking over my shoulder yesterday when Guns 'N Roses came on the radio.

I said "Oooh, GnR fan are ya?"

He said, "Yeah, I like some CLASSIC rock."

I thought classic rock was the beatles and the moody blues and the who?

What's happening? Are you really only as old as you feel?

SAS

This site dose not have the Poison font but they do have a lot of good rock fonts. http://www.musiceffect.com/fonts/ I think rockrage.com had it but that site is not up any more. I think the Poison logo was hand rendered also but I think someone recreated it as a font.

WVB

Speaking of classic rock, you know the lead and founder of Pink Floyd Syd Barrett passed on... Songs such as Wish You Were Here were written for Barrett.

williamson design

Ya, I think its funny when our oldies station plays stuff from the 80's.

I say wait a minute, oldies are still Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Ritchie Valens....

Glen