• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pole Banners

OlsonSigns601

Who does pole banners?

Need long term (They want a 2 year warranty).
Complete Kit (Banner & Poles)
Told them I could do it up to 60mph on a 3' x 2' Banner.
Going to be anywhere between 14 to 21 2 sided pole banners.

Send me a PM if you offer trade printing on quality pole banners or post if you know someone you've dealt with that does quality work.

Drip Dry

We used a company in Florida. The final product came from here... http://www.kalamazoobanner.com/

I suspect I paid a middle man

We did 2 - 3 x 5 pole banners on sunbrella that were screenprinted.
We put them on the airow poles that you see in the video on their website.

They seemed to be holding up for the last 3 months ( we've had some real high winds)
I don't have to worry about a warranty anymore since the whole sign was taken down by a drunk. We're pricing about replacing everything now.

I did notice a tear in one of the seams, but I'm not sure if it happened in the accident or it was starting to come apart beforehand

OlsonSigns601

Thanks, doesn't sound like a very good referral.

Being they are all going to be different banners, I don't think screenprinting is going to be the best option.

If I have to I'll be doing them myself, but hoping someone can make them cheaper and have the same or higher quality than I would.

OlsonSigns601

Attachments

• burton-crane-watcha-gonna-do.jpg
    burton-crane-watcha-gonna-do.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:

cdiesel

Not play a 20 year old Casio...

Could pole banners last that long? Sure. Could you get hit with a microburst with 100mph winds for 30 seconds and tear them all down. Yep. Heck, 60mph winds are probably going to rip most pole banners up.

If it comes down to sell the banners with a warranty or not selling the banners, I wouldn't sell them.

I believe selling a banner with a warranty (especially a two year warranty!) is ignorant. There is way too big of a chance of high winds coming through and tearing the banners to shreds, and you'll have to replace. It's kinda like people who sell wraps with a five year warranty because the manufacturer says they'll last that long. Read the fine print.. gain some real world experience.

SameDay Signs

I agree with CDIESEL and others and wouldn't warranty the banners. As mentioned you get hit with high winds for 30 seconds they could be trashed. If your competition is giving warranties let them and when there banners have to be replaced constantly people will get fed up and come to you and then you can tell them the truth that there is no way to warranty a banner for 2 years

But if you do need a wholesale printer that will do a very good job, very good priced and quickly PM me and I will send you there info and you can check them out for yourselves.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As far as the hardware goes Kalamazoo does make what I feel is the best. Their airow arms and brackets are top notch and are what we have installed quite a few of at military bases. Those with banners printed on ultraflexx pole banner pro 18oz are a tough combo. For that sort of durability, definitely spec fully double stitched. Warrant the hardware but exclude the actual banners citing mother nature cannot be warranted.

OlsonSigns601

I think there is some confusion on the type of warranty I'm looking for... Never specified what type of warranty I'm looking for. What I told them was that I've got pole banners out there that have survived 60mph winds. I think I see how it was confusing and I apologize. Pain to make and my shop is way to busy to be doing it again.

Now a warranty against it getting ripped up in a wind storm?
I would never give a warranty like that.

Give a warranty that the colors are not going to be faded in a year?
That is something I wouldn't buy unless I had one and I do give. Hopefully you guys do too.

Just to be clear: Kalamazoo does a 2 year warranty on their screen printed banners so I know I'm not crazy giving that type of warranty. I am specifically looking for a warranty on digitally printed banners as my banners could have a different image on each one.

Typestries

One of the reasons they may be warrantying the screened ones is the sunbrella material they are on. It carries a higher outdoor durability to UV and wind than any vinyl, even pole banner pro. Think same material used on horizontal applications like awnings and boat tops.

Fast forward to pole banners. Have to agree with Chris that warrantying banners is goofy. Let me guess, this is a municipal job? They always seem to expect warranty. If it means keeping your client satisfied, I'd think a warranty on fading for 2 years is reasonable. Stitching, sure. Wind damage, no way. And it would be easy to tell the difference. It's perfectly acceptable to exclude wind damage. Just ask anyone living in Florida.

We print pole banners on PBP all of the time. Printed both sides, and double stitched. Have not had an issue in 5 years. Last issue involved straight line winds, where in some cases, the entire pole was taken down. In that case, our clients client did not expect them to be warranted.

Jackpine

http://www.gregory1.com/ Gregory do these. Great quality and service.
Who does pole banners?

Need long term (They want a 2 year warranty).
Complete Kit (Banner & Poles)
Told them I could do it up to 60mph on a 3' x 2' Banner.
Going to be anywhere between 14 to 21 2 sided pole banners.

Send me a PM if you offer trade printing on quality pole banners or post if you know someone you've dealt with that does quality work.

Last edited: