• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Police Cruisers

slappy

I've been asked to do 3 new police cars. (which i have never done before) I am to put 3 numbers largely on the roof, do the rear and the sides. They also request stripes.
I just want to know what is the minimum you have charged to do one and what is the max. This way i can get an idea about where i should be. I'm thinking anywhere from $500 to $650 a cruiser depending on the use of reflective and the police badge.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also am aware that reflective is a whole nother ball game to apply and cut.

Patrick46

You didn't talk to the municipality about what kind of budget they have to work with...before you took on the job??
I think your prices sound a bit low, but that all depends on how much work and coverage you're going to put into these graphics.
I'm sure my local police cruiser's graphics cost alot less than that....(well, at least they should)....'cause they stink!!! (I do our local fire apparatus, so now I'm gonna work on getting the cop cars too.)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds fair.

You might find out a lot more in the 'Premium' section on this sort of stuff.

Checkers

Police cars can be more of a PITA than they're worth when you're competing against companies like Galls...
http://www.galls.com/vehicle_graphics.html

As Patrick pointed out, find out what they' want and what they're spending now (or want to spend) before spend too much time on the project. Once you have an established budget, you can see if you can make it work - profitably.

And no, your prices don't sound unreasonable to me.

Checkers

gabagoo

I just did 5 kits for a govt agency and without install (and I have all the artwork ready from previous orders) the cost was $545 a set. Depending on the use of reflective your price does sound low. Remember reflective application MUST be done dry so make sure you have a handle on that aspect as you dont want to be caught off guard recutting big numbers.