• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

police dept redo...BOUT TIME!

visual800

For the longest time our police have had the same old "double hockey sticks" design. I have always despised it. I was contacted by a motorcycle cop to do some helmet decals and he mentioned they might be interested in some new styles for the cars. This was about 1 year ago. I hit it hard and heavy and then after getting shot down on designs said "screw it" and for 2 months just let it be.

For some reason I got cranked up again and designed the new ford taurus with my layout and had that damn thing blown up in a poster and took it to the police station. That afternoon I got emails and calls. I went out and took a close up pic of a cops badge and redrew it in flexi and pulled it over to illustrator and embellished it. It took 8 months of working on this to "sell" this product and it was damn worth it. This project was more "art" driven than money driven.

Sometimes we get frustrated and just toss our hands in the air, but I'm glad I revisited this and attacked it with full force. It may not win an addy but it damn sure looks better than the old layout they had:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 120
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 87
  • badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 90
C

ColoPrinthead

Nice work. I like the textures and gradients in the Badge design.

Pat Whatley

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ...and now they'll take it to a shop in Birmingham or the the mayor's buddy to have the rest of the fleet relettered.

You'd think with your new police department connections that speeding ticket you got the other day would have "disappeared".

signage

So Pat who are you going to get to print the job:help

:omg2::banghead::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bruce you will need to send Pat the vector file flattened;{(-

Last edited:

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Looks great and GREAT job sticking with it. The poster idea was great.

That's a nice little ego boost.

Customer: I'm thinking about getting such and such done, do you have any references, or can I see some of your other work?

You: Have you seen the police cars lately, I did that.

:U Rock:

visual800

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ...and now they'll take it to a shop in Birmingham or the the mayor's buddy to have the rest of the fleet relettered.

You'd think with your new police department connections that speeding ticket you got the other day would have "disappeared".

Pat Bham is too close, they will use someone out of waco Tx, the cousin of a council member. They will pay double what I charge

Great job do you have a photo of the hole badge.
yes sirr below is pic of the print on car and the logo from illy

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 85

Jillbeans

OK so you did the layout to try and get the job or they hired you for the new lettering job?
You know it doesn't take much to confuse me.
It's a great job, much ballsier than the original ho-hum car.
Love....Jill

CanuckSigns

Very nice! Like Jill said, it's much "ballsier" than the original.

I guess this is one time that designing for a customer without a deposit worked in your favor.

Craig Sjoquist

woo hoo looks great way better then before, likes the badge also and it does look intimidating like it should.

Even the before looks better the Orlando's since they look like they all belong in a parade, been that way for 30 years sad to and they wonder why the high crime in such a town.

maybe their new image will give them a sense of pride & in turn improve their attitudes...grumpiest, most unprofessional police organization I have ever dealt with..and no, I have never received a ticket from them.

huge improvement versus the original 'design' hopefully your contracts are in place protecting your rights to the design..i know your feelings on this topic so I won't go any further with it & hope that your efforts are rewarded by given the opportunity to replace the graphics on the entire fleet. Nice, clean work.

visual800

OK so you did the layout to try and get the job or they hired you for the new lettering job?
You know it doesn't take much to confuse me.
It's a great job, much ballsier than the original ho-hum car.
Love....Jill

they were "entertaining" the idea of doing something new. After laying something out similiar they shot it down saying the old design is fine...OMFG! Some wanted the new some didnt, I sent emails of layout and some didnt pass them along to whom they should. Its kinda like that receptionist evil biotch a tthe front counter sometimes you need to get past her to get to the source

No I didnt get a deposit on this art if deposit was mentioned they would have definitely said no, hell they werent sold to begin with! Im glad it turned out good. The printer I use rocks and their products rock and the prices are unbeatable on 3m reflective