• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Poll - Do overs - few? or too many?

Do-overs - in your shop, are they going up, steady, going down?

• Spiking - extremely high rate of do-overs

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Higher rate of do-overs than normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About normal rate of do-overs

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Very rare that we have do-overs

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Reminder - your vote is anonymous!

What do I mean by do-over? Any job that did not meet your quality control, or was rejected by your client. The sign did not turn out the way it was expected and had to be done over again. If that does not make sense, please ask me to clarify.

Why am I asking?

Because several of my friends in the sign making industry have reported a disturbing spike in do-overs and they are attempting to understand what is going on.

Feel free to add your comments, your own observations.

If you have worked through this matter and found solutions, you are welcome to post them.

If you are interested, you can click on “View Results”

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have found that, while we make mistakes the primary cause of reprints or replacement jobs for us was client driven. Typically typos, color issues on provided files, and etc.

We started using tools like online proofing, and pushing more of the liability on the clients which has greatly increased client involvement and reduced errors. We also now have trained our staff to continuously QC projects at every point to minimize and mitigate potential issues.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Too many is a management problem and no errors is a management problem.
Those here that run an efficient shop will understand what I said.

Mike Drysdale

Mistakes happen, usually not watching the details or being tired. We try to catch as many as possible before the projects reach the client. Always a balance between time and cost. Mike

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need to be more specific. Are we talking about a mom/pop shop....... a shop of 2 employees, a shop with 10 people, how many people are involved from conception to end ?? How much input did the customer have ?? How many eyes were on these projects ?? Are the same type mistakes happening continuously ?? Does anyone get blamed or are fingers just pointed ??

To just blurt out people are reporting a spike in mistakes tells me either the wrong people are in charge or people are cutting corners. Mistakes don't just happen. There is always a reason.