• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polycarbonate Sheets

Renato Pinto

Graphics Manager
Who do you guys order polycarbonate from? We normally order from Grimco and that works just fine. Just wasn't sure if there were any vendors out there that were more affordable.

Thanks

MikePro

in the midwest? easy. midwest, nglantz, laird, piedmont
if you're willing to bite the bullet, buy a coil..... HUGE price break.

MikePro

yeah, i'm spoiled. we fab'd a spool holder over a decade ago :)
its also quite a footprint in the shop

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm always afraid the sheet is going to slip and pop me right in the face. I usually put my foot on it so I can ensure it doesn't come back on me but my heart still pounds every-time I unfurl that stuff.

I have 6, 20' coils to unfurl next week... I might need a little sedative before hand.

2B

No, we do the rope lasso to try to control it

yes, use the same approach.
an old lasso (cowboy) rope is very handy

I'm always afraid the sheet is going to slip and pop me right in the face. I usually put my foot on it so I can ensure it doesn't come back on me but my heart still pounds every-time I unfurl that stuff.

I have 6, 20' coils to unfurl next week... I might need a little sedative before hand.
I'd use the sedative AFTER :)

got slapped in the face, once. that was more than enough for me!
now if alone, I wear a football helmet or at the very least a mouth guard

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Jburton one evening at the shop.... Cowboy up and ride that poly into the night.

XjV-jLTZ0ufCQIGHjVn9CTlTKElVbWK9rKjnzqS-YugG-XSzBBwTws3IYeoqEF44wma9yeY8BjwgzC0ZJhPGyhKjAVv0MraP3Jj6tMyWIrDAF2t14EZd_Ye4a5W9HPGfwznK3prxhxM=w998-h938-no

Last edited: