• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pool table..

JMDigital

Ok got a tough one here. I need a HI-RES photo of a pool table. TOP VIEW . Customer wants to take a dinning room table (made of marble) and have it look like a pool table. It looks to be the correct size to look like one , So I started looking online. Found lots of pool table profiles and angles but no top shot. Any ideas where to buy this type of photo? I have an 8mp digital camera however I cant see getting a good shot of one. (and I dont own one) Any ideas? I know if you guys dont know its not out there.

Thanks!

Flame

Go down to your local Billiards shop, give them a couple bucks and a business card, and take your shot. I do a lot of my own pictures, and it's hard to go wrong when you're taking the shot yourself :)

JMDigital

Flame Master said:
Go down to your local Billiards shop, give them a couple bucks and a business card, and take your shot. I do a lot of my own pictures, and it's hard to go wrong when you're taking the shot yourself :)

Yup I was guessing that would be the best way to do it.. ok thats what I will do..

I will eventually post some pics on the result.. It may take a while to get this done. I guess I am going to bring a ladder ... I will let you guys know if I get any grief from the owner about this...

Thanks

ovrcafnatd

Your going to need scaffolding...2 ladders and a bridge
so you can get directly OVER the table or your shot will still be angled.
good luck
and can we see when the shot when done?
;)

JMDigital

Leigh said:
Your going to need scaffolding...2 ladders and a bridge
so you can get directly OVER the table or your shot will still be angled.
good luck
and can we see when the shot when done?
;)

Great I have to build a building.. haha. Ok when I get this done I will post some pics. If I break anything (me or the pool table) I will post pics of that too..

:biggrin:

OldPaint

did you ever see any COMPUTER POOL GAMES? most have screens with nothing but a pool table ...looking down on it!!!!

Cadmn

yea what OP said or if your gonna shoot use monopod to hold camera over table if digital & you can see lcd to line up shot or if not go wide & checck after each shot digital film is cheap LOL. So shoot bunches get friend to help you get it level with the sides you cant see

ovrcafnatd

JMDigital said:
Great I have to build a building.. haha. Ok when I get this done I will post some pics. If I break anything (me or the pool table) I will post pics of that too..

:biggrin:

:Big Laugh looking forward to it :Big Laugh
just don't sink the 8 ball

:tongue:

and
that's a good idea about the computer pool game!!

JMDigital

Ok I may have the grraphics figured out.. If all works I will post a new thread about the process.. Here is the next question . What vinyl would you sugest I print it on. I am going to have it laminated after I am finished, I want to do a wet aplication, I dont see doing this dry, the table is as big if not a little bigger then a pool table (will have measurements tonight) . i also am crossing my fingers that the width is not wider then the 54in vinly so I can wrap a little arround the edges so it does not peel up. So any sugestions would be helpfull.. !!

This should be fun! Looking foward to seeing the finished table! hehe!

Checkers

I would use a floor graphic material/laminate combination and outsource it, if necessary, so it can be printed on 3M controltac and laminated with the appropriate film. Then apply it dry.
I think wet application may cause some problems, but it would depend on the marble.

Checkers

JMDigital

The pool table is getting there.. We may be testing a small strip this weekend... to check for size and to see how the marble acts.. What would you use to clean this marble table to prep it. Just treat it like a car? or does it need some sort of prep?

Thanks

JMDigital

Update.

Update.. I've got a pool table image thanks to GAC05. After a crazy search with no luck GAC05 created this great table in 3D. The customer Loved the sample so we are printing the big one wed. or thursday night! Here is a small version of the pic. it will be 40.75in wide x 78in long. I test printed a small section and it looks great. We are going to attach it to plexi cut to the size of the table top. I found out that trying to stick it to marble was not a good idea. It also gave me the idea of creating difrent tops he can use for special events. He loved that idea. so far he wants these tops..

1. Pool Table
2. Tampa Stadium w/ Bucs logo on both sides
3. Yankee Stadium
4. Golf Course

All these are shots taken by this local guy, he has a helecopter and takes hi-res photos of whatever you want. I am trying to get some idea on prices.

He did a great job!!

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Attachments

• tablesm.jpg
    tablesm.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 150

njsigns

JMDigital said:
GAC05 created this great table in 3D..... It also gave me the idea of creating difrent tops he can use for special events. He loved that idea. so far he wants these tops..

1. Pool Table
2. Tampa Stadium w/ Bucs logo on both sides
3. Yankee Stadium
4. Golf Course

Nice pool table, good work GAC05! Also a really cool idea JM! Good luck with it, looking foward to seeing the results!

Gene

JMDigital

Printed Image

Ok. Here is the print after it was finished printing (took about 2.5hrs)

Printed at 720dpi Uni-Directional. Bi-Directional gave me weird lines in the green top..

Attachments

• TableSm.jpg
    TableSm.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 148