• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

POS software

mopar691

I do not use a POS. Invoicing is done thru QB and estimates, tracking etc with Graphix calc and my big dry erase board.

With the different structures any one job can throw at you I would think a POS would be tough. Maybe in a very large shop but just does not fit my budget and approach.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Don't really use point of sale software. at work use estimate for invoicing, and payment is through the bank, tracking jobs is done manually. at home use a spreadsheet for my estimates, invoicing is done through another program and tracking jobs is done manually. Haven't really found a pos that does everything i want. especially when i can access my spreadsheets for estimating online from my phone or laptop anywhere. if a pos could cloud store estimates and invoices as well as let me locally update all my machines periodically (or automatically) then let me track progress of jobs with a set of steps I set for each job then i would probably grab it ... sadly, not made yet.

thewvsignguy

We use the quickbooks POS system w/o the bar code reader. As I remember we paid around $500 for the software thats really easy to work with, a card reader, cash drawer and a receipt printer.

I think the only kicker is you have to use the QB merchant account to accept credit cards. The rates are pretty good as well, no monthly fees and no minimums.

We installed the POS system on a old POS windows XP system we had laying around. It works, It's a single core 2.8 processor and 512mb ram. The only other thing on that computer in the time clock, the quickbooks software is a memory and processor hog. It seems like forever when the software boots up but runs great and easy to use when it finally get there.

MatthewTimothy

found this: FileMaker Pro. GypsyGraphics posted this in another thread so i think this should fill my needs. Just curious to know how the backup is on it.

Tim Aucoin

To the original poster... if you see this through all the thread pirate stuff!!!

I use a program on my iPad called Quick Sale for iPad. I use this for my two side businesses, and it is quite slick. There is a little bit of front-end work involved, but once everything is set-up, it allows me to (for example) go do a photo shoot, prepare the invoice on the spot and e-mail a very nice looking invoice to the client. Keeps track of A/R and inventory also. A couple of back-up options available. Ability to add pictures to your products, etc... Under $50 for the full version of the program. It's been well worth it for me. Maybe too "small" for what you're after, but thought I'd give you my two cents worth here! Oh, there's also a version for your iPhone too! :smile:

MatthewTimothy

To the original poster... if you see this through all the thread pirate stuff!!!

I use a program on my iPad called Quick Sale for iPad. I use this for my two side businesses, and it is quite slick. There is a little bit of front-end work involved, but once everything is set-up, it allows me to (for example) go do a photo shoot, prepare the invoice on the spot and e-mail a very nice looking invoice to the client. Keeps track of A/R and inventory also. A couple of back-up options available. Ability to add pictures to your products, etc... Under $50 for the full version of the program. It's been well worth it for me. Maybe too "small" for what you're after, but thought I'd give you my two cents worth here! Oh, there's also a version for your iPhone too! :smile:

is it just for the iPad or can you integrate it to a PC?? may i request you post a link?

ForgeInc

Cyrious can do all you want, that's exactly how we are set up. We can remotely connect to our server and anyone can access it in the shop. It can do estimates, billing, track jobs, manage job stations and handle your marketing. It's expensive though, meant for bigger shops and takes a while to set it up.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Avanquest's PowerDesk Pro -- now, that's a piece of s**t software. About one week after I bought it, it became shelfware...

oops, sorry...