• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible to wrap in one piece?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I would try to avoid a seam that's front and center, especially on a curve. Center of the top of the hood maybe since you don't notice it as much from the ground but I'd steer them towards paint. There's a lot of rivets right on the edge on those cabs. I'm sure it can be done but it's not an ideal vehicle for this IMO.

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
Just wraped some semi fenders gloss black and spent most of a day just doing the first side (includes cleaning and disassembly). The second side I did in sections using knifless tape and making my seam where the two planes meet. It was much easier and better results. I recommended pieces. Ps. Be careful removing the double ended bolt that hold on the blinker, might need penetrating fluid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-184927_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125-184927_Gallery.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 172

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
You CAN wrap in 1 piece. However, that is a lot of stretch. I typically don’t go over 5%. We just did a can like this and the fenders were done first. Than the hood. Use knifeless on it and I’d bet the whole hood is done in a few hours tops.

A good seam along the area where the fender meets the hood and it hard to see.

Multiple pieces also will allow you to work the fender and hood pieces better with no tension at the wheel wells, edges and other problematic areas.

It is in essence a commercial wrap NOT a color change on a Corvette.

Paul Nadeau

You CAN wrap in 1 piece. However, that is a lot of stretch. I typically don’t go over 5%. We just did a can like this and the fenders were done first. Than the hood. Use knifeless on it and I’d bet the whole hood is done in a few hours tops.

Multiple pieces also will allow you to work the fender and hood pieces better with no tension at the wheel wells, edges and other problematic areas.

Thank you for that reply. So in this pic the bottom seam only?

Attachments

• dump truck.jpg
    dump truck.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 175

johnnysigns

I would seam it exactly as you're showing in the last mockup. Fender first, vertical side of hood and then the horizonatal flat part of the hood on top. I'd definitely use knifeless tape and treat it like large inlays for a complex bumper recess.

Paul Nadeau

That is correct. Fender, side of hood, top of hood.

Also do the fender “front to back” and draw the vinyl across the “50-50” / high point. This will allow the vinyl along the wheel wells easier and adding a little heat, the vinyl will practically wrap itself.
thank you how long would you predict this whole cab would take you? I just want to gauge myself

Paul Nadeau

Hello guys, I have a truck scheduled to wrap next week and I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing the flat side into the big wheel wells. Is it possible to do in one piece and if so is it a nightmare? I am thinking of doing the well then a seem over it coming down on the side. I am fairly experienced and will be using 3M 2080 gloss black. I charged $2700 for the cab to be completely turned from red to black. Any thoughts on teh pricing? View attachment 162689

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Does look like good work. Must have been fun working on the back of the cab with the dump bed hanging over your head.