• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possibly greatest elec. guitar solo ever? PRINCE!

Sticky Signs

Prince has always been a rippin' guitar slinger. It's too bad his music doesn't always reflect that fact.
I'm going to agree with Gino on his showman ship but I will disagree with him on Santana. He's been playing the same solo for decades. Ok, I'm running for cover now. LOL

This guitar solo has always given me goose bumps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi9dIpfWd4c

Donny7833

Damn it! I hate these link posts, once you start you can't stop. I've been surfing Youtube for the last hour and a half...:rock-n-roll:

ForgeInc

Damn it! I hate these link posts, once you start you can't stop. I've been surfing Youtube for the last hour and a half...:rock-n-roll:

Agreed. It's been a while since I popped in my Junior Brown CDs. Gotta start listening to him again...so sick. I saw him live too, I remember his skill as well as his drummer, amazing.

Scott Reynolds

Agreed. It's been a while since I popped in my Junior Brown CDs. Gotta start listening to him again...so sick. I saw him live too, I remember his skill as well as his drummer, amazing.

What gets me is, live he will be tapping one neck and banging and bending strings on the other, while the whole time looking at the audience with a big $hit grin on his face. Something every guitar lover should once.

Never heard of him till about 15yr ago. In an interview, Eddie Van Halen said Junior was one of his guitar idles. I said 'damnn, I have to find out who this dude is'. :Big Laugh

Attachments

• GpBrown.jpg
    GpBrown.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 69

Craig Sjoquist

Was in Mpls. when Prince made his 1st ave appearances. at that time I knew little of him but remember the stories.
1st time he appeared there he was booed off stage for obscene gestures, came back the next year and wowed the crowd, then it started before ya knew it he made his movies, several of my friends at the time where extras and did good deal of work with in the movie.
Must admit the kid could put on a outstanding show and the music was hugely liked, ya knew he had something going on, quality always comes through and well like.

VolunteerSign

who ever seen a bass guitar solo??? I HAVE.........
BELLA FLECK & THE FLECKTONES.......one of the wildest bassplayer in the business. plays this thing he calls a "drum a tar." we saw him live in sarasota and he did a 30-40 minute SOLO!!!!!
i give you victor wooten!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luzMvjsXqJI

Vic Wooten ROCKS! He can do with a bass guitar is nothing short of amazing. I think his whole family got the musical gene. You can catch his brothers (and occasionally Vic) at 3rd & Lindsley on a regular basis in Nashville. Old Paint, check out John Billings on bass with the Wooten Brothers he's no slouch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=977UnB2Hd3c

Arlo Kalon 2.0

However, I think Tommy Emmanuel is not nearly as well known as he should be (outside of guitar circles that is). I really don't think he's even human, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33tWZqXhnk&feature=related

You're absolutely right about Tommy Emmanuel. I'm getting ready to tackle a few fingerstyle guitar instruction dvd's of his. If I could end up able to play with only 10% of his ability I'll be light years ahead of over half the guitar pickers out there because right now "there's fourteen hundred and fifty two guitar pickers in Nashville, and anyone that unpacks his guitar can play twice as better than I will".

VolunteerSign

You're absolutely right about Tommy Emmanuel. I'm getting ready to tackle a few fingerstyle guitar instruction dvd's of his. If I could end up able to play with only 10% of his ability I'll be light years ahead of over half the guitar pickers out there because right now "there's fourteen hundred and fifty two guitar pickers in Nashville, and anyone that unpacks his guitar can play twice as better than I will".

I'm a drummer (or used to be) and everyone was always saying "if I could play like that I would move to Nashville". My response was always the same; "There's guys living under bridges in Nashville that can play circles around me"

BTW, I'm sure you heard about the car crash after the gig the other night? The way I heard it there were 4 musicians AND a drummer hurt. (Rimshot please)

sar bossier

Wow, so many to choose - much depends on the listener's taste, and the version of the song. Led Zep - stairway, SRV - Tin Pan Alley, the list goes on.

However, I think Tommy Emmanuel is not nearly as well known as he should be (outside of guitar circles that is). I really don't think he's even human, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33tWZqXhnk&feature=related

FatCat - DUDE!! Thanks SO MUCH for sharin - you're right - I can't play guitar, and have never heard of him, but I could listen to this ALL DAY!! :cool1: