• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poster Board Help

Bill Modzel

Terry,
I understand the temptation of offering a service for free to actually get the job.
But, you've already given them a deal on the quantity print. The order was for 22k images but evidently, this was broken up into a number of different images. Was your quantity price break on the whole 22k or the 10 or 15 separate runs?

Regardless, you are purely cutting your profit down my a huge amount of labor and at this time, an unknown amount of product. Chopped, right off the top of your income.

Also, offering a service that has to be hand finished on 22,000 pieces without testing
is a HUGE mistake.

Sorry, I don't mean to preach, but I've been in the business for 30 years now and have in one way or another, tasted this cup myself. I did have the experience of working for another screen shop who bid government contracts. Huge ones, we once printed 2.25 Million bumper stickers for the Air Force, where a little assumption costed thousands of dollars. I tried to learn from his mistakes but over the years, managed to duplicate a few of them myself.

Good luck! I really mean that.

tcorn1965

Thanks Bill,
We gave the price break on the individual runs. So the first run got the 1500 quantity break. We did waive the the 28 copy changes though as a selling point to get the total sign order.
Yes we should have defiantly tested before quoting (know better next time)
Tried the hot glue this morning since we had the glue gun in house, would not hold. We are going to get the tape in tomorrow, both kinds, if neither of them work we will just have to order the non coated polycoat.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
The commercial finishing side of the company may be able to help. They do folding/gluing etc for commercial printers and have high speed, high volume machines. If you are still stuck PM me and I'll send you contact info and a person to talk to. Good Luck with it.

Mosh

Shipping folded signs is going to be a pain. They are going to take up more space. Trust me, been there donr that.

How about banner hem tape, cheaper than 3M vhb, it wouls work on posterboard.

tcorn1965

The commercial finishing side of the company may be able to help. They do folding/gluing etc for commercial printers and have high speed, high volume machines. If you are still stuck PM me and I'll send you contact info and a person to talk to. Good Luck with it.
PM sent

tcorn1965

Shipping folded signs is going to be a pain. They are going to take up more space. Trust me, been there donr that.

How about banner hem tape, cheaper than 3M vhb, it wouls work on posterboard.

Mosh we tried our banner hem dbl sided tape. Wouldn't hold. Which surprised me because I used it to tape some sippy mugs to some 22" round coroplast that was hanging from the ceiling. Couldnt hardly pull the sippy cup off of sign.

Terry

gnatt66

i use ATG tape in the frame shop..it's not a permanent solution for anything, imo.

the "super strong" atg is decent but nothing like banner tape.

tcorn1965

i use ATG tape in the frame shop..it's not a permanent solution for anything, imo.

the "super strong" atg is decent but nothing like banner tape.
I tried banner tape since I had it on hand...no luck.
ATG didn't work either.
Now those glue dots, I let them set over night and could not pull the sign apart without ripping the coroplast
Terry