• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Potential or Trainwreck?

HaroldDesign

Figured it was time to learn the truth about this one. There are several things about this that I find questionable. I suspect they'll be pointed out here and I'll know for sure.
:thankyou:

Attachments

• PinePoint_BannerVersion.jpg
    PinePoint_BannerVersion.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 137

Jillbeans

It's not bad but it's confusing.
I'd try moving the tree/cabin graphic to the left, losing the banner, and putting TEES & DESIGN underneath Pine Point.
(I think I'd even consider adding T-Shirt Designs instead)
Tees makes me think of golf tees?
I don't like how the tree interferes with the pretty script.
Love....Jill

WildWestDesigns

It's not bad but it's confusing.

It was for me.

I'd try moving the tree/cabin graphic to the left, losing the banner, and

I'm not to sure about having the cabin in there. I think the pine is alright, but the cabin just makes me think of something else.

putting TEES & DESIGN underneath Pine Point.
(I think I'd even consider adding T-Shirt Designs instead)
Tees makes me think of golf tees?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

HaroldDesign

Thanks Jill. Since I have one just like you mentioned I'll probably lean towards that route. I have a lot of versions. This particular one I reached that certain point where I began to wonder if time into details was a good idea or not. Maybe I'll post some of the other ones, too.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
The tree and the 'P' in point blend too much visually. Is the name Pine Point Tees Design? or is the name Pine Point and you do 'Tees' and 'design' work?

I do like the cabin and tree breaking in from the bottom, just don't like the 'reflection' ... just round the black design out on the bottom and it should be fine.

Other than that ... not much I can say about it. lets see some color combos too.

HaroldDesign

This is great feedback guys. Not sure how soon I'll be able to make some changes and post some other concepts, but you're all giving me some great suggestions & opinions to give me some direction!!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
I also thought "golf tee", after I thought "Tree Design".
Never once did I understand that Tees meant shirts.

ucmj22

What if you curved the banner upwards, and used the tails to make the pine tree? right now it looks like its making an upside down one.

EDIT: not a real fan of the pine point running across the tree. gets lost at smaller sizes.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most of your graphics are dragging your eye downward and away from the main focal point.... or Pine Point. Looks like more than 50% is dedicated to doing this. A little too much for an effective design/logo.

OldPaint

my problem with it is the banner. to stagnate for someone who works with CLOTH. if the banner was more fluid, not sharp edged, but like cloth when it folds, it more rounded and soft.

Attachments

• TEEBANNER.jpg
    TEEBANNER.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 105

sar bossier

I like the 2nd one MUCH better, but lose (or extensively modify) the banner. I like the pine tree without the cabin.

HaroldDesign

Have work to do so I can't jump on it, but I'm looking forward to sketching what's coming to mind with all these suggestions! Also, I know people like toying with ideas and posting them to help out. I would prefer you didn't, or at least wait until I post various versions I've already come up with. I have a feeling someone may post something much like I've already done, and it could appear in the end that I took someone's work.

ucmj22

Have work to do so I can't jump on it, but I'm looking forward to sketching what's coming to mind with all these suggestions! Also, I know people like toying with ideas and posting them to help out. I would prefer you didn't, or at least wait until I post various versions I've already come up with. I have a feeling someone may post something much like I've already done, and it could appear in the end that I took someone's work.

lol . these last couple days have really got people on edge:smile:

Pat Whatley

Okay, confused me, it didn't make any sense. I didn't associate "TEE DESIGN" and a scenic picture with t-shirts, all I could think of was a landscaper on a golf course.

HaroldDesign

My word I beat this thing to death in sketches, and this is what I landed on liking the most.

Attachments

• PinePoint_A2.jpg
    PinePoint_A2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 101