• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pre press artificial intelligence

loica

even then, i think there will still need a human approval as ai will not aways get it right
Thing is, with Switch, you can create check points inside the workflow. So you can basically have full automation by default but then ask for an operator to do a quick visual check.
Option A: file is ok, operator can release the file to the flow.
Option B: file requires manual corrections, then you can edit/replace the file and release it to the flow.
That's basically maximizing the automation while keeping operator control when it matters.
Loic

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Trufit and Tilia Giffin can do this already (both same software, onyx is using tilia griffin engine)
not sure about adding extra bleed though. waiting for my trial license to test them both out
Did you ever get to try these head to head. What was your final decision on the software

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Did you ever get to try these head to head. What was your final decision on the software
I only have trufit (i sometimes call it griffin)
from my understanding, their virtually the same except griffin has extra options such as adding job data on the files and it seems it can add barcodes for flatbed cutters. but no one ever got back to me for it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hi,
Given that the source file is clean enough, then it could yes. And of course, it works event better with vector arts.
cutcontour.gif

In this specific case, you may find better to do it manually but in other cases, specially when you have a large production to tackle, can be really helpful!

[NOTE] sorry for double post, thought first one failed to publish and now I cannot remove it.
Hi, are you able to share the action for this? i'd love to check it out,

spb

✨鞄➕
It would be nice to have an AI software that could make print/cut ready contour cut sticker files. Open a folder with a bunch of customer submitted images and the software spits out ready to print/cut files with cut lines, bleed etc. all done as good as a human using illustrator
What I usually do here is black out the cut area in Photoshop, place the black blob aligned with the sticker graphics in Illustrator, Object - Image Trace (options: Black and White and check the Ignore White checkbox), Object - Image Trace - Expand, then then use the Smooth tool on the resultant path(s). It's way faster than drawing it with the pen tool for complex die cut shapes and works very well on on bitmaps with islands. If your paths are too small or too large, Object - Path - Offset Path and go up or down until the bleed is correct.

victor bogdanov

What I usually do here is black out the cut area in Photoshop, place the black blob aligned with the sticker graphics in Illustrator, Object - Image Trace (options: Black and White and check the Ignore White checkbox), Object - Image Trace - Expand, then then use the Smooth tool on the resultant path(s). It's way faster than drawing it with the pen tool for complex die cut shapes and works very well on on bitmaps with islands. If your paths are too small or too large, Object - Path - Offset Path and go up or down until the bleed is correct.
that's exactly what I do.

I just found you can skip the photoshop step and do in illustrator by going to edit - adjust colors and do the blackout right in illustrator that way.

Now that I've done a few thousand of these I pretty much do it automatically without thinking.

• Informative
Reactions: spb