• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Precix review of CNC router - great machine? ... but uses shills to get them sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

signs&more

I had a Precix CNC for 6 months now. Bought their Industrial model. I have seen some nonsense online posts about these guys and see it appropriate to give my opinion also.

This machine been running great for me. It is very heavy duty industrial machine and easy to use. I use Vcarve Pro with it and have no problem doing my signs.

I highly recommend it. If you guys have some questions or want to see the machine let me know

cheers,

BetterSigns

I second that

I had two machines from Precix about a year apart. these are great machines at the price I paid for. I got one auto tool changer for about $31,000 and a non ATC for $20 and both been running great. my maintenance cost is probably less than $500 a year on them and I normally get good service from them.

If you guys have any questions on Precix machines let me know

cheers

Biker Scout

Nice try... become a merchant member. Then you can post all about how great your machine is, without having to be sneaky.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Nice try... become a merchant member. Then you can post all about how great your machine is, without having to be sneaky.

Nice catch! Both BetterSigns and signs&more were the same person and were shilling for Precix. They are now banned.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ha!! That's hilarious.

I re-read the first post a couple of times and came to the conclusion that it sounded a little fishy to me...then scrolled down to read the results.

Funny stuff.

I wonder if they actually sell good CNC's...? Those prices seemed pretty good but who knows.

:guido: I personally would not want to spend my money with a company that resorts to using shills to get their name out there.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Fred,
maybe those cnc tables are so advanced they are self-aware and are posting on their own.
Didn't we have a similar rough worm incident here a while back?....

wayne k
guam usa

TerryF

precix cnc

well i ordered one over a year and a half ago, and still have not received it . We get nothing but excuses ,they even offered us an option lol but we had to wait 3 months to get it because they say they leant the machine out, so when the person was done with it we could have the used machine in the place of the new one we ordered.I hope this will help people who are thinking of buying a machine from precix.

TerryF

Has anyone received their machine from Precix this year

We order 1.5 years ago and we are still waiting. We were given so many excuses why it is not coming. The only time they get in touch with us is when we post something on a forum. They offered us options on machines that they say they can get. That was months ago and they still haven't told us what they are or when they can get it for us.

We were wondering if anyone received their order from Precix this year.

Thanks, Terry

Router Dude

Let The World Be Advised.... The TRUTH about Precix Routers and owner Dick Shannon

HA.... I have to laugh and not at anyone that has posted here but "with" everyone. Precix is a "JOKE" and the ownership con men. Please don't ban or block my post. I am for real. Bought a brand new machine five years ago and of course even way back then... it was delayed and then Richard "DICK" Shannon the proprietor started heavy with the excuses.

We lost business, had business on our shop floor for a global customer, and in the end we continued to promise our customer we would deliver based on Dick Shannon's hollow lies. The machine never came. The business had to be run on HAAS CNC mills at a loss. Anything to satisfy your customer is and always has been our motto. Not so for Precix and Dick Shannon.

We finally received a DOA hunk of junk. Even their technician could not fix it. Missing bolts, double drilled holes because of misalignment during assembly. They just took a hand drill and popped a second hole in to get the cover/panel to line up. Seriously Dick?

One of the servos was held on with only two of four socket cap screws. Wires not attached and the list goes on and on. THE MACHINE "NEVER" RAN... "NEVER" worked. Dick Shannon was sued in the USA by us and we won a Texas judgment. He scoffed at our company and so we sued him and Precix in Canada also... and YES... AGAIN... we won. The judge sided with us both times. The A-hole conman never made good on either judgment and never got the machine running. I DON'T CARE WHAT EXCUSE HE OR HIS PEOPLE GIVE ANYONE, THEY ARE A HORRIBLE and MORALLY CORRUPT COMPANY. Precix is always broke because the ownership steals from it's customers and never has any cash to build or supply machines. Think Bernie Madoff and you have it all figured out. Precix is a scam and anyone thinking about buying their cheap product should run as fast as they can in the other direction. I can back up "every" statement here with the judgments we have against Dick and crew. Consider yourself warned. This company is a rip off. Can't believe anyone would give them a dime. We lost $40,000 and the dead machine still sits five years later. A testament to how crappy of a company PRECIX is. Email me if you have questions. I'll do anything I can, and spend years posting if I can just save one person the pain we have been through. It's the least I can do for Precix and Dick Shannon considering how they treated us and stole from us.

You want to see our two judgments? We have them.

RawhideCarbide

HA.... I have to laugh and not at anyone that has posted here but "with" everyone. Precix is a "JOKE" and the ownership con men. Please don't ban or block my post. I am for real. Bought a brand new machine five years ago and of course even way back then... it was delayed and then Richard "DICK" Shannon the proprietor started heavy with the excuses.

We lost business, had business on our shop floor for a global customer, and in the end we continued to promise our customer we would deliver based on Dick Shannon's hollow lies. The machine never came. The business had to be run on HAAS CNC mills at a loss. Anything to satisfy your customer is and always has been our motto. Not so for Precix and Dick Shannon.

We finally received a DOA hunk of junk. Even their technician could not fix it. Missing bolts, double drilled holes because of misalignment during assembly. They just took a hand drill and popped a second hole in to get the cover/panel to line up. Seriously Dick?

One of the servos was held on with only two of four socket cap screws. Wires not attached and the list goes on and on. THE MACHINE "NEVER" RAN... "NEVER" worked. Dick Shannon was sued in the USA by us and we won a Texas judgment. He scoffed at our company and so we sued him and Precix in Canada also... and YES... AGAIN... we won. The judge sided with us both times. The A-hole conman never made good on either judgment and never got the machine running. I DON'T CARE WHAT EXCUSE HE OR HIS PEOPLE GIVE ANYONE, THEY ARE A HORRIBLE and MORALLY CORRUPT COMPANY. Precix is always broke because the ownership steals from it's customers and never has any cash to build or supply machines. Think Bernie Madoff and you have it all figured out. Precix is a scam and anyone thinking about buying their cheap product should run as fast as they can in the other direction. I can back up "every" statement here with the judgments we have against Dick and crew. Consider yourself warned. This company is a rip off. Can't believe anyone would give them a dime. We lost $40,000 and the dead machine still sits five years later. A testament to how crappy of a company PRECIX is. Email me if you have questions. I'll do anything I can, and spend years posting if I can just save one person the pain we have been through. It's the least I can do for Precix and Dick Shannon considering how they treated us and stole from us.

You want to see our two judgments? We have them.

I'll second your experience. I spent some time on one of their "Industrial" machines, one of their "Sierra" machines, and one of their laser cutters. All terrible. Precix outsources machine design and manufacturing from a standard issue Chinese budget model, add their ancient control system (runs on QNX aka. Blackberry OS), and call it a day. There is zero QA/QC in the manufacturing, and even less support. They cut corners at every turn. The routers I used had Shuttle computers sitting inside of a negative-pressure control cabinet that worked like a dust collector. The exposed boards would get caked with dust and had to be cleaned regularly. Parts would fail monthly and replacements were tricky to find. Movements were terrible, accuracy (drift) was terrible. Don't even bother looking for UL approved parts. One machine had a coolant attachment made from a bicycle water bottle holder and a water bottle. The laser cutter was even worse: a Golden Laser sold at 10x the price, that was barely worth it's weight in scrap when it had to be sold a few years later to make way for a functioning laser cutter. Precix gave up the ghost in the 90's (just look at their website), leaving Shannon to sell snake-oil in a pyramid scheme. Buy a machine from a reputable manufacturer - or at least one that actually designs, manufactures, and supports the machines they sell.

Techman

There seems to be a pattern of this from the same company.
This is bordering on a Federal offense. Is it time to call the feds? I would certainly look into it.
Especially if two judges in two countries and ruled against them. There are laws against failing to deliver, There seems to be two such cases posted here

Router Dude

Let the world know.... Precix is a pyramid scheming conman run company. Period!!!

If you have given them some but not "ALL" of your money... consider yourself lucky. Don't, don't, don't, and DON'T be conned by anyone at that company into a sending more money. EVEN IF THEY PROMISE TO SEND YOUR MACHINE TOMORROW. DON"T do it! You will lose your money and IF you get a machine it will be a lemon. Guaranteed. They sell junk. I can't believe they have not been shut down..... but I'd like to get a Class Action Lawsuit going against the Owner himself... not the company. I think he is a scammer and conman. Wait... I know he is a scammer and conman. If anyone wants to do this, reach out to others and myself and let's get the ball rolling.

To Dick Shannon owner of Precix: if you are not under a rock and are reading this: "The people who have been and continue to be scammed by you are not going away. We as a group will continue posting about you and Precix. We know you will never grow up and make things right so we will let the world know about your very poor morals in life." Your parents should be ashamed of what you have become."

I know what machine I won't be getting...

Fufeehead!

Status
Not open for further replies.