• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

premade/template websites....

Ghost Prophet

To be fair Meta Description is pretty much depreciated and isn't used for pagerank at all so I wouldn't worry about it.

The keywords were out of date too, though. :p

Also about centering the photo link, it's on the right side on the index and the way back to the index from photo is on the left. Kind of intentional to get people to realize the link is different on each page. The dotted line border code is way old school and I enjoy using it as I don't believe anyone else does. Bwahaha

Overall I'm pretty happy I only have 2 pages to manage, however I would like to put together a more professional looking site with a shopping cart for our in house printing, and maybe some premade signs

Ghost Prophet

If you're talking about meta name="keywords" it's also basically depreciated. All the modern spiders get your keywords from your content, not an easily-gamed ancient tag list. :thumb:

You make me a sad panda.

Attachments

• Sad_Panda_Chibi_by_mongrelssister.png
    Sad_Panda_Chibi_by_mongrelssister.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 110

Dan Antonelli

If you're talking about meta name="keywords" it's also basically depreciated. All the modern spiders get your keywords from your content, not an easily-gamed ancient tag list. :thumb:

Lot of guys keep saying this (and I'm kind of happy they do), but in my experience, META is still a critical component.

RE: Dreamweaver- we still hand code from scratch, but use DW to manage content loading. Just seems a little easier.

signswi

Lot of guys keep saying this (and I'm kind of happy they do), but in my experience, META is still a critical component.

RE: Dreamweaver- we still hand code from scratch, but use DW to manage content loading. Just seems a little easier.

Meta Description is important as a descriptor for the humans reading the cut text in the SERPs but it's 100% not included in Google PageRank or the Bing algo.

Meta Keywords is 100% useless.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
were looking at getting a website up and running, we've had numerous people tell us they can do and they always fall through!

so, i noticed at the bottom of the signs101 website there was a company offering premade/template websites, you basically upload your logo, pics etc and thats it....

my question is, is this a good deal?

It's a great deal. :) Though they are pre-designed, they are designed by a talented artist from the sign industry. By the time the header is customized for your logo etc, and the combo of differnt backgrounds with the different structured site style, they don't really look like templates at all. CMS with a higher cost in hosting for the program ability to edit your own site is worth it...or you can pay them for occasional updates I'm sure. I have a custom and a pre-designed site from them. I resell too. Anyway...happy hunting.

klemgraphics

Just curious on what you decided to do rushworks? I'm also looking to do about the same as you and considered using them as the price seems pretty fair.

MatthewTimothy

New to the forum and just ran across this thread, but what blows my mind is who in the world priced you 3k - 15k for a site? I could understand if it was an ecommerce site, but from what I can tell your basically wanting a portfolio style site to just demo your work, correct? As stated by few, make sure your site focuses on SEO (search engine optimization) meta tags have their place but having a custom built site would indeed help you get up the ladder on google searches. I would also advise on integrating facebook and twitter through your site, which also helps with people finding you. My apologies to you for so called web developers doing that.