• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

prestone font

I can't figure this font out. I have a bunch that are close. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• FONT.jpg
    FONT.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 107

CrabbyOldGuy

Kind of looks a little older like maybe it was hand drawn and cut. I have seen that style used on a lot of old signage we made in the 50's and 60's. All were drawn freehand and hand cut stencils. The Anti-freeze looks like it started out as Optima and got a little thicker in the process. I imagine you already tried that one already.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Prestone has been around longer than electronic type, so I would guess that the exact fonts used were generated from film strips and may not have made the transition to electronic. The closest font I see to "PRESTONE" is Akidenz Grotesk Extra Bold Condensed.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Hattenschweiller is close...I would use that, convert to outlines and modify accordingly if you haven't found anything closer.

rjssigns

Sorry guys I gotta open my yap. There seems to be a constant stream of people asking what font this or that is when it is just to duplicate and old piece not use the whole font. I used to do the same thing then I just started sending the pic to an embroidery shop. Vector work comes back flawless and turns the same day.

Not baggin' on anyone just adding how I vastly improved my workflow for stuff like that.

Graphics2u

LHF Stevens Percepta BETA (Regular) or Chianti OSF BT (Bold)

Looks close on the ANTI FREEZE

and

Swiss 921 (Regular)

Iclose on Prestone, but need to modify the S

WildWestDesigns

Sorry guys I gotta open my yap. There seems to be a constant stream of people asking what font this or that is when it is just to duplicate and old piece not use the whole font. I used to do the same thing then I just started sending the pic to an embroidery shop. Vector work comes back flawless and turns the same day.

Not baggin' on anyone just adding how I vastly improved my workflow for stuff like that.

That's because we have better drawing tools then Corel and Ai. Now that the better digitizing software is used for multi apparel decoration, stuff like this is even easier. That and also that same software treats embroidery objects the same as vector objects, that helps with converting it to Ai, CDR, EPS etc vectors.

rjssigns

That's because we have better drawing tools then Corel and Ai. Now that the better digitizing software is used for multi apparel decoration, stuff like this is even easier. That and also that same software treats embroidery objects the same as vector objects, that helps with converting it to Ai, CDR, EPS etc vectors.

Quoted for truth.

The place I use has more tied up in software than I paid for my house. I just don't understand the gotta find the font, gotta bust my a** recreating a sign, gotta tweak out the vectors, burn a test print, test print looks like crap, redo vectors yet again......
Been there, used to do it not doin' it anymore.

Last edited: