• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price check... real estate sign

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
A real estate agent will never pay that, they expect everyone to work for nothing while they make $20,000 to handle some paperwork.

Yea, bitch about spending a few hundred on a sign to sell the property that makes them $20,000 so they can buy this year's new escalade. Who needs them anyway... Zillow does all the work

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those posts are cheap, if you buy them from the right place. The sign is worth about $50. Installation, that's on you. $700 out the door is too high, but then, try it. If it works, you landed a new market.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Those posts are cheap, if you buy them from the right place. The sign is worth about $50. Installation, that's on you. $700 out the door is too high, but then, try it. If it works, you landed a new market.
Grimco has it for $85

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So then, what's your problem ?? I see that coming to maybe $350 or so, plus another $100 for installation. If that's not enough, find a sub to do the whole thing for ya for less and make money for just making a phone call.

Johnny Best

I make those my self. Skill saw and hammer and sharp chisel. One coat of primer and finished. Two eye hooks and a 18x24 double sided real estate sign. $150 post, $75 sign, $100 install / $350, throw in goof off time (stopping in 7/11 and buying beef jerky and flirting with the fat chick behind the counter) and make it $500.
I make and sell those posts for real estate people and they add their signs and hire someone to dig it in. I do same pricing as Grimco, I use epxy with deck screws to join. You can easily make #10 in a day. Have not bought any 4x4x8 in awhile but I am sure the price has gone up. Will have to adjust my pricing to that. They fit in an Escalade nicely.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The customer gawked at $630 but said to go with it. I didn't want to be over priced so I told him I made a mistake and it's $500 and he said that is much better. I do a lot of CRE signs for them so I don't want to be over the market on that little sign. I appreciate all the feedback

rossmosh

On more straight forward projects like this, I like to use multipliers to cover everything. So on something like this, most likely multiplying the frame by 4 would get you damn close to covering the frame and sign with some basic design work. Then you have your install on top of it.

Evan Gillette

Look into your local real estate sign installer, they usually warehouse the signs for the agents that use them and will install a post for a set fee in a specific range. Making a good relationship with these outfits could lead to additional sales and a cheaper source for posts (they buy them in bulk). My price would be similar to what others mentioned, its hard to get decent markup with 4ever selling posts direct on amazon prime for $10 less than a post+shipping to our shop but oh well. We target the smaller brokerages that want custom designs and a face and name to buy from.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Look into your local real estate sign installer, they usually warehouse the signs for the agents that use them and will install a post for a set fee in a specific range. Making a good relationship with these outfits could lead to additional sales and a cheaper source for posts (they buy them in bulk). My price would be similar to what others mentioned, its hard to get decent markup with 4ever selling posts direct on amazon prime for $10 less than a post+shipping to our shop but oh well. We target the smaller brokerages that want custom designs and a face and name to buy from.

huh??

chester215

Just call me Chester.

If you are in CT, RI, MA, NJ or parts of PA , that is all we do. Real estate signs.
(Well maybe not, we do signs for the local pizza guy in exchange for free lunches on Fridays.)
Yes, there are companies that just do RE signs.
And we have lots of competition.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker