• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price check... real estate sign

DPD

How much would you be on these? https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/SingleArmSignPost

I'm at $630 and I'm thinking that's high? I marked the post up 50% and between assembling the frame, manufacturing the sign and driving out 20 minutes to the location to install I'm up to $630. Add tax and it's just over $700.

I'll take a different angle on this. If after marking up your product cost + shop time + installation + travel etc. your price is $630 then you probably have the right price. Now assuming that from what I've read from the others that your price is too high then 1) you are servicing the wrong market 2) they are underselling their services.

Sounds like #1 is the culprit. Not because you are wrong, because as I see it you have done your homework with pricing it's just that your customers don't want to pay you what you can do the job for. It happens. I gave up on the real estate market years ago because I couldn't compete with realtor pricing expectations.

Another sign guy once told me jokingly that whenever he got calls from customers that wanted jobs done on the cheap he would give them the phone number of his competition. The logic being that he would keep his competition working on low margins while he chased the higher margin customers. Perhaps he'd even put his competition out of business. It's insidious and nasty but makes sense.

Andy D

If you do these semi regular, 4EVER PRODUCTS has a four pack with "ground stakes" for $228 with shipping, $57ea.
All their products are well made & I think made in America.

upload_2021-5-5_17-13-58.png

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I stopped in his shop a few months ago when I was out of town doing an install and realized I cut some metal too short. He bailed me out. I told him he needs to come back because Notareal was missing him...

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
He didn't appreciate my angry birds avatar
As I remember, the Andy D exit was related to that. I feel bad, I was under an unusual heat dome, and got carried away that day, and sounded mean. I blame heat exhaustion. miss my redheaded twinsy.

ExtremeG Alamosa

I know a guy who knows a guy....
He'll install the post but wont dig the hole, or fill it in..... Too much work.

Least that is how it is my area! LOL

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
It seems to me that this is a very large sum for a realtor. My friend works as a realtor, and I can say she gets several times less than you. But this friend works as a realtor and earns very good money through investing. It's cool. Recently, she showed me one site brrrr strategy where I learned about a very interesting method. And now I'm seriously thinking about starting to invest some amount. But it seems to me that this is a very big risk and you need to be careful not to lose a lot of money.
Do you sell aluminum?

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Less than $55.00 cost for a vinyl version, add $25.00 for a double-sided direct print 18x24 ACM sign, $25.00 for shipping and you come up with a total $105.00 cost. I can sell these, finished, for about $175.00 (and so can, and do, my competitors).
The cool thing about the ones I get (4Ever Products) is they come with an easy to use ground mount stake - no hole needed!
If I need to install it, I need to JULIE it (local locators presently require site markings for signs – they are crazy backed-up) then go out and install it later. Two trips, minimum $190.00. As usual, the money is in the installation (otherwise the real estate agent could just order them from Dee Signs).

Stacey K

I like making signs
I miss Andy D, always imagined him as Andy from Parks, and it always made his comments more entertaining.
Also this price is too low again. Installed within 15 minutes of the shop, $900. Frames aren't cheap, or light.
That's so funny! I think of him as Andy from Parks also! :roflmao: I miss him also, he was funny

petepaz

probably about $150-200 in material so would charge around $400-450 for the sign and $150-200 for install so you are not way off but todays market is inflated due to material and fuel costs so get as much as you can get with out pissing anyone off

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It ain't over til the fat lady sings......................

Besides, there's nothing interesting getting posted anymore, so I guess people are bringing up old sh!t to give them somethng to talk about. Better than arguing who has the right to shoot somebody and why or why not...........................

1657556247716.png