• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price increase after 7 years???

mrchips

I carved two school crests back in '03 in mahogany for a local prep school.
I charged $1,200 for each back then (both took less than a week).

What, in your opinion, would be a fair increase?

BTW, I don't have to compete for this job......no cut rate carvers in my area to compete with. :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

royster13

Just because you do not have any local competition does not mean you will not be "shopped"...Good luck.....

mrchips

Thanks Geno!

Royster, the fella that called me handled it last time. He's actually the head cabinet maker at the school (they imported him from England). He had a ballpark price in mind last time and was satisfied with the price. He is also the one who makes the decesions. The school just writes the checks. He's bringing one over on Wed. for me to work off. I'm pretty confident, but I guess ya never know for sure till the check clears.

Oh, I also still have all the patterns from the first one witch is a big time saver.

Thanks again!

Joe,

BobM

Price depends on how many "dime" sized deer are grazing in the background. Glad to see you're still holding up your side of the Conn economy.

GB2

Old Member
3% annual cost of living increase = +21%
Recession adjustment = -25%
Connecticut economy "Thanks for any kind of a job" adjustment = -10%

I say you give him a 14% discount!

mrchips

LOL!!!!

Things have been pretty good here for me over the last 2 years and I'm still getting calls for new work so I'm thinking +10% is safe. BTW, their tuition has doubled in the last 7 years and new buildings are going up on their campus like mushrooms (They already have a golf course on campus). Tough for me to wrap my brain around $50,000 a year to go to high school.............

Thanks for the input!

Joe,

mrchips

I forgot I posted this here......I think it got moved from the G Board and I lost it.

Anyway, I took Geno's advice and quoted them $1,500 each, No problem!

Did the 2 in a week. Good enough for me.

Thanks for the advice.

(I'd like to post a pic but i haven't found the time to learn how) sorry.

Joe,

mrchips

OK,

note to self.......

just because you haven't done it before doesn't mean it's not easy.....

:doh:

I'll post the pics in the hand made sign forum......

Joe,